006| every night is another story

( season one, episode six )

—————

"IT WAS perfect." Cassie beamed as she and Haley walked towards the school.

The James smiled at the girl amusingly as she talked about her date with Jake that previous Saturday night. "Oh yeah?"

Cassie nodded. "He was such a gentleman. And we're going on another one soon."

Haley matched the girls smile. "That's great, Cass. I'm really happy for you."

Cassie's smile grew. "Thanks, Hales."

Haley nodded up to the blond boy walking a little ways in front of them. "Look who it is."

"Hey, stranger."

Lucas looked back. A smirk grew on his face. "No stranger than you." He looked to Cassie. "Or you."

She fake a laugh towards him.

"Did you guys get my messages last night?" Lucas asked.

Haley sighed. "I was caught up with something last night."

That something, was Lenny Heart.

Cassie nodded along with the James girl. "Same. I was doing homework."

"Yours or Nathan's?"

Cassie faked a laugh at the Scott boy. "You're hilarious."

"All jokes aside, we're still cool right?" Cassie asked. Lucas hummed. "Of course, Cass. I just didn't want Nathan hurting you."

"Hey Lucas, you got a second?"

Peyton Sawyer strolled over to the group.

Cassie eyes lingered on Peyton for a second, pursing her lips before whipping her head back to Lucas. "I see your point."

She grabbed onto Haley before walking away from the two blondes. Haley chuckled. "What was that about?"

Cassie sighed. "Luke's hypocrisy. He's worried about Nathan hurting me, when he should be worried about himself. He's obviously into Peyton, and if she ends up using that to her advantage, Lucas will be crushed."

"You think Peyton's using him?" Haley asked. "No. But she could. And the poor guy would be blinded from it." Cassie shrugged.