𝟎𝟖 | 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃

Panic eats away at her chest as Seojin witnessed Mr

Panic eats away at her chest as Seojin witnessed Mr. Kang's gruesome attack on Minji, his rotting body pouncing on the defenseless girl before he sank his teeth into her face. The girl struggled to escape and tried pushing him away, but with his overpowering strength, it was nearly impossible.

Daesu leaped at the two bodies, using all his strength to pry Mr. Kang's thrashing body off of his friend and slam him against the wall, but the bite mark around Minji's lips had indicated that it was too late.

She was infected.

"Minji..." somebody muttered out, their voice laced with dread and horror upon noticing the brutal bite on her face. "Daesu, what should I do?" Tears bit at Minji's eyes while she looked at her friend helplessly, her voice shaking in fear at the thought of turning into one of those monsters that terrorized the school.

Mr. Kang's twisted body slowly rose from the ground, his bones cracked sickeningly as he launched himself at the nearest person near him. "Seojin, behind you!" Suhyeok urgently called out.

With the fast reflex Seojin had developed by getting into fights constantly, she was able to dodge his attack and quickly shove Mr. Kang to the ground. Her hand hurriedly reached for a chair nearby and swung it at the hellish creature in front of her that was once her teacher, before kicking him hard in the chest and sending him down to the floor.

Mr. Kang's relentless body rose from the ground once again, seemingly unaffected by the hits he'd taken, but Cheongsan was quick to pick up a desk behind him and pushed the man against the wall, temporarily stopping his attacks.

The horrifying shrieks never ceased while his body thrashed maniacally against the desk, and Cheongsan knew he couldn't hold him down much longer. "Cheongsan!" Gyeongsu's voice echoed through the room, and he soon appeared right next to his best friend as they worked together to hold him down.

Across the classroom, Minji's body was beginning to transform, the blood coursing through her veins now tainted with the deadly virus. The bite around her lips ached, and she felt her eyes burning as her vision became red and blurry.

There was nothing she could do when she felt her consciousness slowly drifting away, all rational thoughts in her head vanishing and being replaced with her desire for human flesh. Like Mr. Kang moments ago, the bones within her started cracking, and her body twisted unnaturally as if she was possessed.

Demonic growls escaped Minji's lips as she fully turned into a zombie, the virus fully took over her senses while she sprinted towards Daesu to attack him. The boy promptly bent down to dodge her charges, wrapping his arms around her waist to restrain her.

"Stop, Minji. Please snap out of it!" Daesu desperately called out to his friend, yet he understood deep in his heart that the struggling girl within his grasp was no longer the same Minji he knew, but a brutal monster that was out for blood.

All hell broke loose in a matter of seconds, and the classroom was no longer safe in the presence of two zombies. "We have to get out!" Suhyeok rasped out anxiously, pulling Seojin with him while he stumbled to the blocked entrance.

Along with Nayeon, the two hurriedly began moving away the desk and chair stacked up at the door. "Everybody, get out!" Suhyeok repeated his words, and the others immediately made a beeline for the exit.

"Cheongsan! Daesu!" Seojin called out to her classmates, her eyes pleading for them to get out before it was too late. Cheongsan and Gyeongsu grunted in exhaustion as they tried to hold Mr. Kang in place, neither of them dared to move away or let go of the desk despite the imminent danger.

Daesu mustered up his strength, ignoring the ache in his heart as he slammed Minji to the ground, her senses disoriented by the sudden force while she laid limp on the floor. "Hurry!" With one last glance at his friend, Daesu blinked away the mournful tears and rushed out the door.

"Seojin, go!" Suhyeok said to the girl beside him, but Seojin refused to leave as she stood still at the doorway. "Cheongsan, Gyeongsu, come on!" Seojin breathed out shakily, and the two boys sprinted out the door after forcefully shoving Mr. Kang to the side.

Suhyeok and Seojin were about to run out together when a bloody, decaying hand grabbed onto Suhyeok's feet and pulled him to the ground. The boy attempted to kick his way out of Mr. Kang's grasp, yet it only tightened his grip on him, making him wince in pain.

Seojin's eyes widened in horror at what she saw, and she scrambled down to the ground to push the man off. Yet Mr. Kang wouldn't budge no matter how hard she pushed, her strength was nothing compared to that of the monstrous creature.

"Seojin, go!" Suhyeok let out a strangled gasp, his voice desperate as he begged for her to leave. Seojin simply ignored him, there was no way she was leaving anyone behind, especially not Suhyeok.

She frantically glanced around the classroom, searching for any sort of weapon she could use before her eyes landed on a broomstick. Seojin didn't waste a second to reach for the wooden rod, holding it with both her hands as she aimed it at the monster's head.

Raising her arm above her head, she gathered up all the strength within her as she plunged the broomstick right into its head, strings of blood and brain matter splattered onto the ground while Mr. Kang's thrashing body came to a stop.

Suhyeok let out a harsh grunt when he pushed the man's body off of himself, scrambling to stand on his feet while he stopped himself from gagging at the gore and brains that got on his face.

"You okay?" Suhyeok asked, his eyes filled with concern as he studied Seojin's blank expression. The squelching sound of the broomstick going through Mr. Kang's head replayed in Seojin's mind repeatedly, and her stomach twisted at the nauseating image.

"Yes," Seojin breathed out with a deep exhale, pretending to be calm and unaffected yet failing to hide the trembles of her voice. Though the girl quickly recomposed herself, shaking away her distraught thoughts as she shifted her focus back to surviving.

Her hands curled tightly around the broomstick impaled on Mr. Kang's head before she forcefully yanked it out, deciding that it would make a great weapon along the way. "Let's go," Suhyeok whispered, sliding the wooden doors of the classroom shut.

Taking one last look at his classroom, reminiscing the joyful memories created in this place that had now become a hellhole, Suhyeok took Seojin's hand into his own before sprinting into the hallway.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐨𝐣𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭! 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥!

𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐢 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠😭😭😭𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤?