𝟏𝟐 | 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃

An agonizing silence fell upon the classroom, only the quiet sniffles of Onjo and the faint groaning of zombies outside the classroom were heard

Nobody dared to speak, all of them still utterly shocked at the events that happened mere moments ago. Yoon Isak, the lively and high-spirited girl who was the happy pill of class 2-5, was now gone.

When the initial grief and sadness had passed, the pain had become so overpowering that Onjo began feeling numb, like she could no longer feel anything. Jimin and Hyoryung sat beside the tear-stained girl, holding her shaky hand in their own as they did their best to console her.

Isak was her best friend, the person she trusted the most in this entire world other than her father. She was someone irreplaceable in her life, holding such a special place in her heart. The two girls had so much planned for the future, to graduate together, to get into the same university together, to rent an apartment and live together as roommates.

But her best friend was gone. All those future plans they had made would remain to be imaginations that wouldn't have a chance to be carried out, and those days she had spent with Isak would remain to be precious memories seared into her heart, as they could no longer create new ones.

Seojin was never good at comforting people, heck, she wasn't even good at talking with people to begin with, so she simply sat there in the corner while her eyes lingered on Onjo.

She was no stranger to losing a loved one, the fresh wound in her heart still in the process of healing. She knew how unbearable the pain could be, and she experienced firsthand how grief and despair could consume one's entire being while snatching away every ounce of joy within you.

Somehow the pain never seemed to fade away, leaving a frightening void in your heart that feels like it could never be filled ever again. It was scary, and she felt pity for the poor girl.

"Everything is shit right now," Seojin muttered quietly to the boy seated next to her, careful not to let Onjo hear her words. Wujin exhaled a breathy sigh while quietly nodding his head, his heart still heavy after witnessing the incident with Isak.

Seojin ruffled her hair in frustration, still feeling the sticky residue of blood from earlier when that zombie had decided to grab her hair. "First Minji, then Suhyeok, now Isak. How many more do we have to lose?" she huffed out in despair, hopelessness and exhaustion evident in her voice.

Her hands were fumbling with her hoodie strings absentmindedly when she suddenly felt fingers wrapped around her wrist, catching the girl off guard as she turned to look at the boy beside her.

"Hey, don't worry. Suhyeok will be okay," Wujin stated as a forced smile tugged at his lips, trying his hardest not to let the despair bubbling in the pit of his stomach show on his face.

The truth was that he didn't know if Suhyeok would be okay or not. The possibility of surviving was slim with all the cannibalistic ghouls roaming the halls, but there was nothing he could do other than to trust his friend. "He'll make it, I know he will. I trust him."