𝟏𝟎 | 𝐈 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐌

It was deja vu all over again

Guilt rested heavily on Seojin's shoulders, weighing down on her petite body while her chest clenched in guilt with every beat of her heart. The feeling was awfully familiar, reminding her of a tragic incident a year ago, a memory she preferred to be buried deep within the abyss of her mind.

She was standing in the science lab all in one piece, not a single scratch on her body while those she cared about were in danger because of her. It was happening again.

Thoughts were spinning inside the girl's head, her mind all tangled up like pure and utter chaos while she imagined where Suhyeok could be. She frantically raced towards the wooden doors, her eyes darting around to search for him in the huddle of walking corpses before her expression fell.

"Suhyeok's not here. We left him," she muttered to herself as she looked through the murky glass covered with bloody handprints, her voice soft yet laced with so much despair and guilt.

The rest of the group glanced around the room, and realization dawned upon them when they noticed the disappearance of the boy. They had left Suhyeok behind while escaping from the zombies' pursuit, and whether or not he was still alive would remain an unsolved mystery.

Cheongsan swallowed nervously at Seojin's pained expression, a lump rose in his throat while he walked towards her and patted her shoulders. "Suhyeok's a tough guy, he will be alright," he exhaled, trying his best to stay hopeful while guilt threatened to overwhelm him.

Seojin nodded quietly while keeping her eyes glued to the floor, and she prayed to all the gods in existence that Suhyeok would be safe and unharmed. The mere thought of her actions and mistakes costing someone's life again was too much for her to bear, she wouldn't be able to live with that, not again.

Daesu's sudden shouts of horror echoed through the science lab, his loud voice startling everyone in the room. Seojin snapped her head up at the sound and saw a bloodied hand reaching for Daesu's face through the shattered window, his face now painted in crimson red while he struggled to escape its grasp.

"Fuck!" Joonyoung promptly rushed to his friend's side, grabbing the fire extinguisher on the ground and slamming repeatedly on the zombie's head. The windows shattered as he accidentally slammed the metal canister against it, fragments of glass flying everywhere before more zombies piled up behind the broken window frame.

With the windows opened wide, it was only a matter of time before they could crawl in and eat them all alive. "Use the desks to barricade the window!" Seojin called out urgently before Daesu and Gyeongsu lifted the table and put it against the wall, blocking off the shattered windows.

Seojin and Wujin hurriedly climbed on the shelves, the two using their backs to push against the table to stop it from toppling over. "Shit!" the girl yelped in terror when she felt a harsh tug at her scalp, looking up to see a decaying hand clawing at her hair.