Smash This Idiot

"Please Shöne, let me explain." Mario the ugly goat says. How dare he call me his old nickname for me when we were friends.

I shake my head and turn to get out of there. Forget my clothes. I turn and start jogging away but he follows me.

"Stop following me!" I bellow. A single tear falls from my eyes and I wipe it away quickly, but he's still following me with regret covering his stupid face.

He follows me into a dead end and I have no choice but to enter the only door. I quickly enter.

"Woah!" Jerome Boetang says, covering his underwear clad legs.

I ignore him and charge into the locker room. I ignore the half naked guys and quickly find Bastian. I hide behind his tall muscular structure.

"What are-"

"Shhh." I reply shushing him. I stay silent and wipe another tear away.

Mario comes around the corner. "Where'd she go guys?" He asks.

Bastian shrugs. "Dunno dude. Why are you looking for her? Did you guys already know each other?" He asks.

Mario is silent. "No," he finally says. "I just wanted to talk to her and she bolted."

Without even thinking, I scoff loudly.

"That's bullshit." I say from behind Bastian. "That's a true asshole. He may not look like it, but he's the biggest one there is."

Mario looks at me. "Shöne,"

"Don't call me that."

"Please let me talk to you!"

"Why? We never met before." I say, using his words against him.

"Bella, please."

"Hey Manuel, do me a favor and smash this idiot into little bitty pieces that I'll be able to grind up and feed to sharks." I say.

Bastian laughs from behind me. "Now that's a dark thought." He says, referencing our conversation from earlier.

Manuel gives me an apologetic look. "Sorry, I don't murder." He replies.

"Shöne," Mario pleads. "Give me five minutes."

I sigh. "Okay." I say. He starts heading outside but I stay motionless. He sends me a confused look.

"Anything your gonna say, these guys should know as well."

Mario looks around uncomfortably. "Please can we not do this here?" He asks. After he looks at my face he sighs. "I'm sorry, Bella."

"For what?" I ask.

"For everything."

"What's everything?" I ask. "Don't be shy, you've known these guys for a long time. You haven't ruined their childhood yet."

Mario sighs. "Bella, I'm sorry for everything I did. I bullied you. I bullied you and there isn't a moment in my life where I don't regret it. It haunts me. I got into the wrong crowd and I helped lead in destroying your life. But think about before that! I taught you how to play football." He recalls.

I scoff. "You were a sucky teacher. I had to re-teach myself after Elise and you popped my only ball and renovated my cleats. It took me a year to get over that. But I also thank you for that because if you hadn't, I wouldn't be where I am today. On one of Europe's best teams, confronting you in front of all your teammates. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have pushed myself to go the extra mile, do the extra push up, and do the extra practice. I'm stronger than you, and I've proved it. Now it's time for you to prove that you actually regret making me consider self harm."

"You self harmed because of me?" He asks quietly. The only way I can hear it is because the locker room is eerily silent.

"Don't flatter yourself." I say. "Running was my self harm. I pushed my legs harder than you pushed me down on the cement at recess."

Mario winces. "I'm so sorry, Bella. If I could re-do it, I never would have hurt you." He says.

"Mario," I say. "You're a dick."

"He's more than a dick. You're going easy on him." Thomas says. "Dude, I've never felt so deceived by anyone else in the world than I am right now. I thought you were a sweet bubbly kid."

"Yeah, you're a whole different person." Manuel says.

Mario looks around the room. "I've changed guys! I'm going to do everything in my power to let Bella know that I regret everything I've put her through."

I ignore him and turn to Thomas, Claudio, and Robert. "You guys saw his house today." I say to them.

"Really?" Claudio asks while Mario asks, "You went back to our neighborhood?"

"It's not our neighborhood." I say to him.

Then I look around the locker room. "I'm going home. See you tomorrow." I say.

A couple of the guys wave as I leave.

I head back to my locker room and change quickly. Then I leave the training grounds without another thought.

~Robert Lewandowski POV~

All of us are in shock. We all stare at Mario with no words. Not even Bastian nor Thomas speak.

We all process everything in our heads. Mario? Mario was Bella Freud's childhood bully/best friend. He taught her the art of football then ditched her.

He's her determination. Whenever I watch her games on tv, she always looks happy, carefree, and extremely determined whilst playing. The mixture is odd, but makes sense with her background. The way she handled the whole confrontation thing was awesome.

I try to keep quiet around here because I'm not the most outgoing person, but Bella was really funny and outgoing on our run. I never would've guessed she had a problem with that neighborhood and one of our midfielders.

"What was that!" Pep says storming into the locker room. "I heard it all!"

Mario winces as the rest of us kind of resume what we're doing, but still listening closely.

"I, we, uh, I have history with your 75 million euro transfer." Mario lamely replies. A lot of us snort at that ridiculous statement.

Pep growls. "This better not affect her game. Or yours. Now get out of here." He says. With that we all clear out of there as fast as we can.

"Hey Lewy," Bastian says. "Interested in getting lunch with us?"

--------------------

So my two favorite teams are playing against each other in the Champions League.

I want FCB to win, if you know what I mean. Wish me luck in trying to pick a favorite.

Like, comment, and share if you enjoyed this chapter.