I Shower In Lattes

"Do you want to?" Robert asks.

Do I want to get coffee with him? I'm not interested in having a relationship right now, but, you know.

"Yeah sure." I reply smiling. "I could use a latte."

He laughs. "You like lattes huh? I saw you as more of a cappuccino person." He says.

I roll my eyes. "Cappuccinos? I practically shower in lattes. You must know my secret now. I live off of lattes. Without them I'd be sleeping right now." I explain. "They're my source of energy."

Robert laughs softly, parking his car in a small lot. I watch him as he quietly focuses on parking the expensive car. He turns around in his seat to check then he turns off the car.

Before I can open my door, he's already opening it for me.

I follow behind his tall body into a small cafe. Robert's wearing a hat and sunglasses in an attempt to hide his identity, and I'm just wearing the hood of his hoodie over my face.

I move to sit in a booth by the window while Robert orders. Outside its still raining heavily. I watch as people run by under umbrellas. There's not many people in here because there's a Starbucks across the street. Most people were in there enjoying the average commercial coffee.

"Here you go." Robert says, sitting down across from me. He passes me a latte and a scone.

"Did you know that rain contains vitamin b12?" I ask casually. I lean back in my seat, taking a bite of the scone.

"No?" Robert replies easily. "What does that do for you?"

"I'm not sure. Vitamin b stuff?" I answer.

Robert laughs. "How are you so funny?" He asks, taking a sip of his drink. I didn't think that was funny. I was simply informing him of the vitamin potential given out by rain.

I shrug my shoulders. "I say stuff without thinking about it. May end badly, but can also brighten people's days. I've grown more humorous after I got my big break. Now sports channels enjoy talking about female football. I want to go out there and let them see that females can be as fun and amazing to watch as guys. I became humorous on my own. I just sort of developed it while I was coming up through the ranks. And here I am. Drinking coffee with Robert Lewandowski." I say.

He nods. "I'm not quite outgoing as you. I think I just don't really feel comfortable with the guys yet." He says.

"The guys will warm up to you. Keep in mind you were on their rival team last year." I explain.

Robert nods understandingly.

We both look out the window again. A girl in a red coat runs by, clearly being soaked to the bone. Her head ducks into a bus stop so she's covered.

"See? The sun is so much better." Robert says. "Without it, we'd all be dead."

I shake my head. "We wouldn't be dead. We'd adapt to our new surroundings. Food would be grown with heat."

"Where do you plan to get the heat."

I roll my eyes. "Shush."

Robert laughs at my obvious defeat. I guess the sun is important to survival.

"Is there anything else- Woah! Are you Bella Freud?" The barista asks. She studies my face with the brightest smile I've ever seen. "I love you so much! I'm so happy you got transferred to Bayern Munich." She says.

I give her a smile. "Would you like a picture or autograph?" I ask politely.

"I don't want to be a bother!" The lady says. "I know celebrities get bothered a lot, and I don't want to take up your time, or interrupt you with your life, and-"

"I'd love to take a picture with you." I interrupt her. "If you don't mind, I'd like to post it to my Instagram account. I love meeting people who support me."

The lady blushes slightly. "Really? Okay, let's take a picture. Can you take it for us?" She asks. She doesn't even realize that he's Robert Lewandowski.

The visible part of Robert's face shows immense amusement. He nods and takes both our phones to take a few pictures.

I smile with the lady, draping my arm around her shoulders. The lady shakes under my grasp. She shouldn't be so nervous to meet me! I'm a very friendly person.

"Thanks so much!" She grins, hugging me again. "Come back anytime! It's on the house."

"Will do." I smile. "See you later, ?"

"Margot,"

"Margot." I finish. "I'll definitely be coming back Margot."

She nods and disappears around the corner, and back behind the counter.

"Your disguises aren't very good." Robert observes as we walk back to his car. By now the rain has slowed into a light mist that caused barely any damage.

"I've noticed. You'd think I'd get better, but I haven't." I say. He laughs as we reach the car. He opens the door for me, then hops in himself.

We quietly listen to the radio in a comfortable silence. He drives me home in his calm demeanor.

Finally, we pull up in my parents driveway. "Thanks so much, Robert. If you ever need a ride from me, don't call. I have no drivers license." I joke.

Robert laughs. "Will do. See you at practice tomorrow."

"And you as well." I state, giving him a quick hug.

I wave as I enter the small home.

--------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I will start speeding things up soon. Right now I'm trying to build up the knowledge on the characters.

Vote, comment, and share!