chapter 6

A part of Mirae didn't want this day to come, another part was excited. It was Saturday, the day Sunghoon would come over so that they could work on their group project. Thinking about it now, she really didn't know where that courage came from to invite him over. Of course, they would mostly work on their project but she never invited a guy over to her house before.

She got up earlier than expected, she couldn't even get a wink of sleep. Mirae checked for the ninth time if her apartment was tidy and presentable.
Calm down, why are you acting like you want to sell this place? She shook her head in frustration. Since they agreed to meet at noon, Mirae still had plenty of time.

She lived in a one room apartment, which meant that the living room was also kind of her bedroom. Her flat also had a small kitchen and a bathroom, that's it. It was small but affordable and more than enough, considering she lived alone and near campus. Since Mirae didn't really have a living room, she set up a foldable table in the middle of the room, so that Sunghoon and her could sit on the carpet on the floor later. She thought about getting some snacks and drinks for later and decided to go to the convenience store around the corner.

It was around 3 in the afternoon when Mirae's phone vibrated on her bed. She dried her hands on the towel after washing some dishes and quickly took a look at the screen. It was Sunghoon, he texted her that he had arrived and shortly after she read his message she could hear him ringing the doorbell. Upon hearing the sound, it felt like her heart would explode out of nervousness.

As Mirae opened the door, she was greeted with a smiling Sunghoon holding out a plastic bag which seemed to be filled with snacks. When she locked eyes with him, she automatically smiled back.

"I brought some snacks." Sunghoon shook Mirae out of her trance. She mentally reminded herself to not stare too much at him. "Oh thanks! Come on in," she said and moved to the side, so that he could come in.

"I actually bought snacks beforehand, too. But I guess the more the better." Mirae giggled while showing him her bag with snacks.
"Snacks are good for brainstorming." Sunghoon commented.

It was a light atmosphere between the two, a lot less awkward than Mirae had actually imagined. The two of them sat down on the floor and started working on their project, searching for some sources and also books in the online library. It seemed that they worked together pretty well, but Mirae had to really concentrate to not stare too much at Sunghoon whenever he was talking.

We have to get this done, don't be so obvious! Mirae mentally scolded herself.

At one point, Mirae suggested getting some books she found at the uni's library next time. As she talked about them, she had her eyes fixed on her laptop.
"What do you think? They sound helpful, right?" She said and turned to the side to look at Sunghoon. What she didn't expect, though, was to find his face a little bit too close to her. He leaned closer towards her to look at her screen, she realized, but having his face near her made her heart beat like crazy.

Sunghoon nodded. "Yeah they're good," he said while turning to face Mirae now. He freezed as well, realizing that their faces were inches apart. It felt like time stopped for a moment. Slightly flustered, he coughed, making Mirae snap out of it. She quickly turned away, her cheeks a crimson colour by now. To avoid any further embarrassment, Mirae took her glass to take a sip of water, while Sunghoon proceeded to hastily shove some snacks into his mouth. His face was just as red as Mirae's.

Before anyone could say something, they were interrupted by the sound of Sunhoon's phone. He quickly excused himself and took the call, turning away from Mirae.

Mirae let out a sigh of relief, as she could calm down a bit. She didn't even pay attention to what Sunghoon was saying on the phone, not that she wanted to eavesdrop but she was still curious who called him.