CHAPTER 9: Her Main Life

~Somewhere~

Third Person's POV

"(Y/n) (L/n), are you still not done reading that?" Asked by the female who is standing beside her friend's cubicle. Her friend was sitting, reclining her back in her chair while holding a book in her hands.

"Shhhh... Hiyari, it's not like I'm slacking from work, okay? So please... Will you lower your voice, pleaseee." She pleaded to her friend while placing a finger on her lips, indicating to lower her voice. She then looked back at the book to read the contents.

"How can you be so obessed with 2d characters..." She sigh before trudging towards her friends as her gaze landed on the cover of the book. "Tokyo Revengers? Just how long will you read that manga?"

"Until I saw something I shouldn't." She answered without batting an eye to the person behind her.

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?"

"Just some clues. Some characters might die so... I just want to get prepared..." Her friend can't help but to sigh by the words she release. Hiyari were rubbing the bridge of her nose while trying to calm down and refraining herself from spanking her own friend.

"You should make it quick. Chief might just pop out behind your back. He's a mushroom after all." Both of the female police officer laugh. Hiyari was back in thoughts noticing the time from her watch clutched on her left hand.

"Ah-! My shift is already over. I'll just call you later." She hurriedly took her belongings as she make her way out of the room while waving her hand to her friend. "Bye-bye!"

"Bye, becareful on your way." (Y/n) just nodded as she waved her hands back at the female, still not taking her eyes off the book she was holding.

As soon as her friend left, her phone vibrated making a buzz sound. She put down the book first, before picking up the phone on the table and saw the message from her boyfriend.

'I can't pick you up. I'm sorry, I have to work overtime since I still have something to finish here. Just take a taxi and be careful when you go home, okay? I'm sorry again.'

The female didn't bother to text back and just smiled before putting the phone inside her pocket. "Well then..." (Y/n) stretched out her arm as she yawned from tiredness.

"I'll go get some coffee outside..." She whispered to herself as she make her way out of the room.

"Please help me."

(Y/n) stop from walking when she heard a woman's voice. Getting curious, she secretly approached them to hear the conversation more clearly.

"Ma'am I already told you, with that short period of time maybe she just gone by to your neighbors. She also might just been hiding inside your house." Said by the male police officer, sitting on a chair, guarding the front desk of their headquarters.

"But thats-"

"For now ma'am, please calm down. Just think first that nothing bad happen to your child, and double check your home."

"Nothing will do if you're just going to think about it." Said by the female police officer who just popped out near the front desk. She's standing beside the woman who just got shock by her sudden appearance with mouth agape.

"(L/n)-san!" Both the male startled as they eyed the female police offer, which in fact one of the person they admire and respect.

"I'll help you, ma'am."

"But (L/n)-san, aren't you busy?"

"I'm on my break. I'm personally helping her, so you guys don't have anything to worry about." She said smiling at them before looking back at the woman beside her. "Shall we take this outside, ma'am."