Chapter 12

Flynn walked over to the door and opened it. A familiar scent hit my nose and I started to panic for a second but then I recognized the fragrance coming from the door. Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked eyes with a green eyed golden hair girl. I stood up or well tried and her eyes widen when seeing my stomach.

 I stood up or well tried and her eyes widen when seeing my stomach

Flynn came over to help me. "Nala?" I whispered out as tears welled up in her eyes as well. "Wait you guys know each other?" Flynn said breaking the stillness in the room.

I wiped away some of the tears laughing a little. She walked into the house and closed the door behind her.

I had so many questions to ask on why she left and what happened. One of the biggest questions that was tumbling in my brain was I the reason she left.

Flynn looked to me and then her. "I'll go check on the food." He said letting me go but still making sure I could stand by myself.

I nodded when getting a hold of myself. I looked at Nala too see that her face was expressionless. I breathed out a air or well tried too.

I felt like noose was wrapped around my neck and was slowly tightening every passing second. I let out a small cough which caught Nala's attention.

"Do you need some water?" She asked walking closer to me but keeping a good distance.

I nodded my head and watched her disappear into the kitchen. I slowly sat back down on the couch hoping to get some air into my lungs.

I slowly inhaled happy to finally have some oxygen in me. I started to breath regularly and began to rub my bulging stomach.

I heard footsteps and I looked up at Nala. She smiled and handed me the glass of water.

I silently thanked her before taking a huge gulp. I sighed out knowing that I needed that to calm my nerves.

I looked down at my stomach once more not being able to look away. I could feel the tiny life that was inside me still growing as the upcoming months come.

"Congratulations." That was the first thing she said to me and I was slightly disappointed hoping that she would address the elephant in the room.

"Thanks." I said quietly still not looking up wishing that I could just disappear from this whole situation.

"How far along are you?" She asked me sounding as though she was a thousand miles away.

"5 months." I said finally looking up trying to grab onto the little confidence I had.

Shifting from the expressionless face she had on earlier now she had a soft inviting smile like she did when she was younger.

I could feel the tears well up once again. I wanted to unleash everything and just let it out.

I needed my best friend back!

Unknown POV
Its been 5 months without her here. The pack can see the change in me with each passing day without her.