III

Is this a smart idea? Maybe, maybe not.

But that was the same reply when I asked Harry on a date, that was the same reply when I asked Harry to be my boyfriend, what could be so different now?

Other than the fact that my heart will be more broken now if he says no because I've spent three years falling madly in love with him.

But realistically, he's spent three years falling in love as well, as far as I'm aware, so why would he say no?

At least that's what Liam told me. I'm worrying anyway.

It's been three years today since our first date, our three-year anniversary is coming up, and recently we've been looking at houses together, seeing as I graduate from the college we met at this year, and he graduates next year.

It's the perfect time, right? Despite the fact that only Liam knows, Zayn's voice fills the back of my head, telling me he's gonna say yes and there's nothing to worry about, the same words he'd said when I told him about asking Harry to be my boyfriend.

But asking him to be my husband is so different. What if he's not ready? What if he doesn't want marriage? That's a stupid question, he's told me he wants to get married one day, but what if when he imagines his wedding day, his partner has no face because he just can't see me there?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when the front door opens and I hear Harry calling out my name. After a year and a half, I'd given him a key to the flat so he could come in anytime, though it took him another year to stop knocking.

"In here love!" I yell from my room and his footsteps echo down the hall until he's standing in my doorway in all his glory. He truly could model.

"So where are we headed this time? Another surprise?" He questions in a teasing tone, laying himself on my bed and placing his head in my lap.

"Of course, would you expect anything less than a surprise?" I tease back, earning a giggle from him, "and what are you doing here? I was gonna pick you up," I tell him, raising an eyebrow and gently poking his nose.

"I know, but-" he starts, and I roll my eyes.

"But you've just gotten your car and you wanna drive it everywhere," I finish for him and he laughs lightly.

"Exactly. I'm not sure why you still question me after all these years. Can I drive us to wherever we're going?" He asks, sitting up, and I would tell anyone with no hesitation that there were no stars because they were in his eyes. Actually, the sun's still up. His eyes light up anyway.

"You don't even know where we're going. Did I mention you look stunning?" I ask, standing from my bed and grabbing his hand to pull him up as well.

"I know but you can just give me directions! And no, you haven't, thank you, you look good too," he replies with a light blush. I smile at him and take his hand.

"I've gotta find my wallet but you can head to the living room and I'll be there in a minute," I say, he nods and rolls his eyes lightly.

"Always gotta find something before we can leave. Hurry!" He shouts teasingly before running out of the room. I roll my eyes at him and turn to my bedside table, opening the first drawer.

I, for once, actually know where my wallet is. As a matter of fact, I know where everything I need for tonight is and I'm lucky Harry didn't notice my wallet in my pocket.

I grab the small box out of the drawer before grabbing my jacket, which was actually Harry's from our first date, from the end of my bed, pulling it on and hiding the box perfectly inside it. I leave the room to find Harry sitting on the couch in probably the most beautiful way someone can sit on a couch.