Chapter Eight

SHATTERED

My eyes part as I wake, squinting to adjust my sight to the fairly lit bedroom with a stretch, letting out a soft purr. My body is sore but rested. It was a nightmare free slumber. I remain in bed, staring at the skyline with an empty mind for minutes and minutes. 

Sluggishly, I lift up my body and find Elina sitting on the long sofa in the center of the room, dressed prettily in a free-flowing ox-blood red gown with her hair packed up in a pony tail with a similar colored ribbon. 

Her attention remains on the book as she flips through the pages. I like this view of her. I don't say a word. I won't be the reason the elegance of this moment comes to an end. 

She exhales and raises her gaze towards my direction. Seeing I'm awake, a little smile forms on her lips and she rises from the sofa. 

"Sawatdee kha," she greets, taking a seat beside me on the bed. "Sleep well?" She stretches her hand and rubs my cheek with a finger. 

I nod. "Were you watching me sleep?" 

"Only for about an hour. Your breathing is quite soothing," she says, and I lower my gaze. She retrieves a tiny paper bag from the bedside table and hands it to me. 

"Some cream to help you not scar." 

"Thanks." I collect the bag. "You're up early."

"I'm a morning person."

"Of course you are."

"Do I not look it?"

"Not really."

"Really?"

"You don't wear a lot of bright colors."

"I didn't know there was a dressing theme for morning people." She laughs beautifully with a rare lightness in her eyes. My eyes follow her lips, as if trying to memorize the lines of her laughter.

"You're quite charming in the morning, Elina." My gaze finds hers. 

"Hmm... flattery..." She tucks a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "Flattery will get you breakfast." She chuckles and I join. "Clean up, I'll wait in the sitting room." She ruffles my hair and rises from the bed, picks up her book from the sofa and exits the room. 

I drag my weak body out of bed, stretching as I move towards the bathroom. I take notice of the clothes laid out for me on one of the sofas, an all-white light cotton ensemble, only giving it a quick study before continuing into the bathroom. 

I catch my reflection in the mirror and it fills me with surprise. All the areas where Elina bit and whipped are red. I did not realize her bites were that deep amidst all the sensations I felt. I touch my nipple slightly and it tingles, it's the most sensitive my nipples have been in a long time. A happy laugh finds its way to my throat. The memory of last night flashes through my mind and my caramel cheeks turn a rosy pink. With Phi Lamon, those sensations were a rarity.

Everything reminds me of last night: the water running over my skin, my shirt sliding over my nipples, the belt squeezing my waist, the smell of the room. I can't stop thinking about every kiss, every bite, every touch, every whip, replaying it repeatedly in my mind. Every sensational emotion she made me feel consumes my thoughts. 

***

We step into the elevator, and I press the ground floor button and lean on the wall behind her. My eyes are fixed on her hair, admiring its rich darkness. Straight and clean.