4

Maitland stood in the kitchen of his home, all his thoughts moving to Jordana like they always have. From the moment he had received her number he has wanted to speak with her but hasn't a clue what to say. He will keep his word and take her to get her hair fixed but he must make sure Jordana is okay.

- good morning Jordana. As mentioned id like to take you to the salon to get your hair fixed. Are you free this morning.
Maitland
To Maitlands surprise a message came straight through.
Jordana - good morning. I would hate to put you out this way Maitland.
How could Jordana think she would ever put him out.
- I'd be happy to take you. I can collect you within thrity minutes if you will be ready.
Jordana - okay. That will be fine.
With every minute closer, Maitland was getting more excited but he knows it's not going to be easy. He just wants to be in Jordanas company.
Jordana sat at home, nervous and not sure how to act. "papa" "he won't hurt you Jordana" "I'm afraid" "what are you afraid of?" Earl always knew he had to ask Jordana questions to get her speak more. It's the way she has been since her awful ordeal. "what if he takes me back?" "Trust in your papa Jordana. Maitland will not take you back. You will be going to the hair salon. Let Maitland get your hair fixed. Even with shorter hair you will look gorgeous but right now it's a mess" "I know papa".
Hearing a knock at the door, Jordanas hands immediately started to feel clammy. She never thought she would be alone again with Maitland and now she will be in his car. Maybe Jordana should've opted to meet him there. "Maitland" "good morning Earl, is Jordana ready?" Jordanas mind started going crazy with a million thoughts as her hands tightly held her dress. "Jordana?" "Yes papa. I am coming" Jordana stood with shaky hands. "Are you ready to get your hair fixed?" "Yes papa" "Maitland is waiting". With every step, Jordana became more nervous but she tried to slow her heart rate. "Do you have your phone on you?" "Yes" "good. If you do need me, I will answer straight away" "thank you papa" "I can not wait to see the end result. Go on" with a slight nod, Jordana walked out the door. Maitland couldn't take his eyes away from her. In everything Jordana wears, she looks so pretty. "Hi Maitland" Maitland has always loved the way Jordana says his name, he couldn't help smiling "good morning Jordana" in the moment Maitland spoke Jordanas name her heart fluttered but deep down she was scared "let's go get your hair fixed" "okay".
Jordana had no idea what to say to Maitland. When Maitland opened the door for her, he could see her look at the house. "Are you okay Jordana?" "I'm sorry and thank you" Maitland had looked at Jordana curiously as she gracefully got into the passenger seat of his car. Why would she apologize? All he wanted to know was if she is okay. Jordana put her belt on and Maitland closed the door. Immediately, Jordana tensed. This is the second time in three years Jordana has been out in the town she grew up in after the awful night. Both in two days. Her sleep was rough even after taking her sleeping pill and her mind is running wild. As Maitland entered the car, he spoke "I am taking you to pearls. Is that okay?" "That's quite fine Maitland, thank you" pearls is quite expensive, Jordana didn't understand why Maitland would choose that salon but it is his decision. Jordana would be happy with Mays which is a lot cheaper. She doesn't expect Maitland to spend so much. "Was there not a time available at Mays?" Maitland was thrown off guard. He didn't expect Jordana to ask such a question "I do not know. Pearls is the best salon in town and you deserve it" Jordana was shocked by maitlands words. It's nothing different for Maitland to want the best for Jordana. He has always wanted the best for her. Unfortunately one night, he put her in the worst position of her life Because of anger and because of Hannah. Jordana could see by the conversation between her papa and Maitland last night that he was hurting. When she had laid eyes on him after her papa and Maitland spoke, his eyes were puffy and yet still bright. While Jordana was lost in thought so was Maitland as he took in the smell of her strawberry perfume. It's the same as she always wore. Something he has missed "you still wear the same perfume. It's heavenly" Jordanas hands were gripping her dress as she tried to stop them from clamming up from nervousness. In that moment, memories flooded through of when he used to always compliment how beautiful she smelt. "Yes I guess I haven't found another I like" "it's sweet just like you" Maitland used to say those words to her all the time, making her heart flutter just like her heart is doing now but past that Jordana is also in fear. With every second away from her papa her fear only raised. "Maitland I need you to pull over" without questioning Jordana, Maitland pulled the car to the curb and Jordana undid her seat belt before getting out. Jordana gripped her phone in her hand as Maitland got out of the car. "Jordana did something I say upset you?" "No" Jordana took in the fresh air that surrounded her as she gripped her chest "what is it Jordana?" Jordanas breath only got heavier "anxiety? Worry? Fear?. I'm not going to hurt you, I'm not going to do anything you don't want me too. I just want to take you to your appointment so you can get your hair fixed. I do swear on my life, I won't put you in any position you don't want to be in" Maitland tried to reassure her but Jordanas mind was taking over. Maitland knew by the way Jordanas face paled he wasn't convincing her. He doesn't like seeing her this way while he is near.
Maitland took a leap and dialled earls number.
"Maitland where is Jordana,?" Earl knew it would happen he was just hoping it wouldn't "on the grass. Holding her chest. I have tried.." "take the phone to her" Maitland held out the phone so Jordana could see "it's your papa Jordana" with her free hand Jordana gently took the phone.
"Jordana. Trust in me. He won't hurt you" "I'm.." "deep breaths Jordana" hearing this Jordana did as her papa asked "and more. Relax" Jordana listened to her papas voice as she calmed her heart rate "keep it under control. You have worried Maitland" Jordana peeled her eyes away from the lush green grass to look at Maitland "I'm sorry" "never be sorry. He only wants to help Jordana. Push those thoughts aside" Jordana didn't mean to do it, she didn't plan for an attack and shot back "ahh this is yours Maitland I'm sorry I was out of line" Jordana stepped back and Maitland frowned. Why did Jordana do that?.
"Maitland?" "Hi Earl. Sorry I will take Jordana to her appointment" "okay Maitland. Bye" "bye."
Maitland looked at Jordana as she held her head high "are you ready Jordana?" "Yes Maitland" Maitland watched as Jordana got in the car again but there was something off. How did she go from being a wreck to straightening herself out. Has something else happened to Jordana for her to act this way?
Meanwhile Jordana was fighting with her own mind. Her papa made her feel bad for having an attack which she did not mean to have. She had no control over it. This is all new to her. Even visiting Maitland at the pub, Jordana was a wreck but she held herself together just to get the answers she wanted.
"Have you had breakfast Jordana?" Jordana shook her thoughts "yes at eight like every morning" "is it that you have a routine now?" "Not entirely. Food is important for your health. I seem to wake up at seven every morning" Maitland drifted as he thought of all the times he had skipped a meal And just turned to alcohol. When he finished his day he would go straight to the pub. Without thinking Maitland spoke "I should do the same. I have missed a lot of meals in the past" Jordana gave Maitland direct contact as she heard him speak. When he had finished Jordana took a breath "you should eat every meal Maitland. Why have you not done so?" Deep down Jordana already knew the answer but wanted to hear it from Maitland "I didn't want to eat. I struggled to stomach it. Instead, I chose to drink" Jordana turned her head away. Has the man she loved neglected his well being and become an alcoholic?. "Are you an alcoholic?" "No I won't be drinking anymore. Not if you are here to stay".