6

As Earl answered the door to Jordana the first thing he noticed was Jordan had a bright red hand print on her face. "Jordana what happened to your precious face?" Before Jordana even got to speak Maitland spoke "my mother slapped her at fault of her own and Hannah's. Jordana needs a cold pack on her face" Earl knows Maitland is just trying to help, he can see the love for his daughter he is also hoping Maitland can help Jordana. Past the medication, Earl has struggled. He wants to see his daughter heal and having Maitland around could help. "Then let's go get you one. I do like your hair Jordana" "thank you papa" with the three of them entering the house, Earl closed the door.
Maitland moved ahead and straight to the kitchen. He still remembers every inch of this place. He spent so many years here as Jordana had done at his place. Pulling out an ice pack, Maitland wrapped it in a tea towel before turning around and holding it out for Jordana. He'd like to do it himself but he knows he can't and doesn't want Jordana to feel anything bar comfortable around him. It already worries him that his own mother did this to Jordana.
Hearing the door bell ring, Maitland immediately stepped out of the kitchen as he watched Earl open the door.
"Hi Mister spears do you mind if we have a chat with your daughter if she is here" "that is fine officers, is this in regards to my daughter being hit?" "Yes sir" "very well please enter. Jordana, constable Ervin and senior Sargent Olson are here to see you" Maitland watched as Jordana moved out of the kitchen with a cold pack to her face, while Jordana wasnt sure what to do. The last time she dealt with the law was when she was again the victim.
"Hello" "miss spears we are sorry to hear about your face. May we see the damage?" When Jordana showed her cheek, Maitland put his head down. "Who had hit you Jordana?" With a sigh Jordana knew she couldn't lie "Victoria knightly. Maitland and I were on our way to get crepes when miss knightly slapped me across the face calling me a whore" "why would miss knightly act out?" "Miss knightly just like a lot of people in this town had thought I cheated on Maitland three years and four months ago" "why do you remember the date so well Jordana" Earl and Maitland could see Jordanas hands shake. "It's the very same night I was raped by five men at the bikers club" Jordana had tears running down her face as the memories still felt so raw to her. Earl and Maitland could only watch as she sat down "I'm sorry we asked miss spears. But if this did happen, why were we not contacted?" "just a moment officer, I will go get the reports" as much as it hurt Earl and Maitland, the officers need to see the reports. Earl thought it was best to get officers from a different precinct so the news didn't travel around town. Earl grabbed out the reports and walked back to the officers. "Please do not speak of this out of here officers. We beg you. Jordana doesnt want everyone knowing about her ordeal" "it is our job to keep every case as confidential as we can Mister spears. May we take a seat" "yes please do. I will get you both a water" Jordana was frozen on the spot. She hadn't seen those files in three years. She didn't think they would come out again let alone others would see them. "Jordana?" Jordana kept her eyes on the hard wood flooring not being able to respond. Sadness, hurt and worry moved throughout her body. "Jordana?" "Excuse me please" Maitland watched as Jordana walked towards her room like on autopilot.
"Those reports are not good for her Earl, why are they still here?" All Maitland wants is to rid of them "its hurting Jordana" "mister knightly, it's best if we see these reports. All we need is the proof of Jordanas words and we will close them" Maitland watched as the officers looked at the file but only for a moment before closing them. Maitland could see in both the officers eyes that what ever they read on the first page wasn't good.
"Mister spears, we would like you to take these. This is all the proof we need of why Jordana would remember a date so clearly. Mister knightly, were you aware of what happened to miss spears?" As Maitland took a deep breath he showed a slight nod. "Yes. I had found out through the grapevine. Two weeks prior to finding out is when I found out Jordana hadn't cheated like the rumors had spread. Hannah pabliem had spread the rumors in hopes to make me her partner. This is where my mother found out" "you didn't correct your mother or anyone else?" "I cut ties with everyone and spent my days at the pub drinking" while Maitland answered questions, Jordana sat in her room, staring at a scar that sat on her stomach. A scar she received while in the worst moment of her life. With Jordana lost in thought, she didn't realize Maitland had moved to her door and watched the love of his life lost in thought. Maitland treaded carefully as he moved closer to Jordana before kneeling before her. Why did Jordana change her clothes? Was the dress too revealing for her in this moment or was it another reason?. As Maitland knelt down in front of Jordana, Jordana raised her head to look at Maitland. Not saying a word, both kept eye contact. Jordana could see the worry in maitlands eyes while Maitland could see the sadness in Jordanas. "Miss spears" Jordana tore her eyes from maitlands to look at officer Ervin "would you like to press charges against miss knightly?" Jordana was shocked that the officer would ask her that. before she even got to speak Maitland spoke "it's only right that my mother pays for hurting you Jordana" Jordana wasnt only shocked that the officer would ask her but Maitland wants his mother charged. "It is your decision miss spears" with a slight nod Jordana spoke "miss knightly should not lay her hands on another. I would like to press charges officer" "very well. We will go see miss knightly. Are you okay with Maitland close miss spears?" Jordana looked at the officer in disbelief, Maitland has never physically hurt her and yet in the back of her mind she knows he is the one who put her in that position "yes officer" hearing this Maitland smiled "thank you for your concern officer ervin I will take good care of Jordana" "have a good day".
As the officers left, Jordana turned her head, her eyes meeting with maitlands. "You have not ate lunch Jordana, we should prepare some for you" "you have not ate" Maitland was thrown off at how quickly Jordana had thrown it back his way "you are right. Let's go eat" Maitland put his hand out without even thinking. So desperately wanting to feel her touch but Jordana just stared at his hand "you used to do that a lot" Maitland pulled his hand back resting it on his thigh "yes of course I did. You were my partner. The one I love" hearing those words Jordana sat silent. She knows she loves him too but what he had done not that he knew what would happen, hurt her. Would she be able to get past it and move forward?. "would you like to go have a meal?" Jordana pushed her thoughts aside "yes" "then let's go" with hesitation, Jordana stood up and followed Maitland out. "Earl, Jordana has not had lunch. With everything that has happened. She needs to eat" "lunch is prepared for the three of us. Sit down" Jordana moved to the table with grace as Maitland followed. When he pulled the chair out for her, Jordana immediately thanked him. He didn't need to pull the chair out for her but Maitland wants to do everything he can. To gain her trust, care for her, be here for her as much as he can. He is already dreading work even though that place has been his only escape in these last three years, he'd rather be with Jordana. As maitlands phone signalled a call, he let it ring. Nothing can be as important as being here for Jordana. Although Jordana didn't talk it didn't bother maitland, he just wants to be here for her.
As Earl put the plates down, Maitland was curious as to why Jordana had been given only salad. As far as Maitland knew, Jordana liked eating meat. "Jordana is it that you don't eat meat anymore?" Jordana looked at Maitland with care and it melted maitlands heart "no I still eat meat" "would you like some" "no. Please eat".