chapter 11

his cries grew silent... his hand reaching for his heart. it ached, it yearned for him. he couldn't dare to speak out... his vocal cords shot from screaming. the bottle of liquor laying on his side. his mind spinning... no... the world is spinning. he wanted the pain to disappear, anything he could do to drown out his thoughts. sal wouldn't have cared if he left, left town... left the state... or even the earth. not a person on this earth would care for him... or so he thought. a car passed— then another... and another. larry's intrusive thoughts would be the one thing that could kill him... with the empty liquor bottle... he stood up from the road— and began to walk across. not bothering to look both ways. he hadnt cared if he were to be hit.

all he knew was that he has made a horrid mistake... he had lost the one thing that made him feel even slightly whole. the blond headed tan boy... his skin soften like a soft cashmere sweater. he was so mad at himself for not being better too him... not realizing the boy was sitting in his room in agonizing pain.

moments passed and he wondered... his feet scrapped the ground— and lucky him he managed to make it rain. one drop after another— the rain began to fall... his hair becoming a mess— dripping in front of him. but his luck was soon to come to an end, sal had just so happened to stumble apon his drunken state.

"Larry!" he called out his voice in a sheer panic. "larry what are you doing out here! you'll catch a cold or something." he rushed over to larry— his eye focused in on the behavior of his walk... "are you drunk..." his voice went soft as he placed his large jacket over larry... "just a bit," he smiled softly looking down at sal, "come on... let me get you home." he said gently slowly wrapping his arm around larry's waist. dragging him back to where he belongs.

a few blocks later sal finally managed to get larry back into the basement hole larry lived in. "what were you thinking larry..." he asked not to sound mad— more concerned. "sorry... i relapsed— i promise i wouldn't i suck." his head shook as he let it hang— not wanting to look his best friend in his eyes. "it's okay... sometimes shit happens..." he sighed gently as he moved to hug larry. "i'm not mad, it's gonna be okay," he smiled rubbing his thumb on larry's back. "things are never 'okay' but their manageable." he chuckled just so lightly as he held sal back— i mean those two are inseparable...

————————————————————-

this is a small chapter just to hold y'all over :))