RPRT - 5

Ross

We set off to find this parking lot, I am driving with one hand on the wheel and the other is holding this hot chocolate.

"Ross, let me take that for you. You're driving which is more important than holding a hot drink" She takes the hot cup from me and I am able to change gears and take the wheel with both hands.

"Thanks, Laura, I didn't want to ask" She shrugs like it's nothing.

"It's cool, glad I could help"

After driving for a few moments, Laura points in the direction of the park.

"You sure we can park, well in the park?" She nods taking a drink from her hot java. I nod taking the right turn into the parking lot and making my way to the back, parking it.

"Okay, that's us. We can leave it here, I'll take the keys, if anyone attempts it, the keychain will alert me and the police" Her face shows shock and surprise.

"Okay, let's get going then. It's almost half 1 and some renting agencies close around 4. There's at least 3 or 4 I wanna visit" I say nothing but take my drink from her hand.

"RIghto, that's cool"

We walk back out of the park, making our way down the streets.

We find our first agency, walking inside the guy at the back office comes through and looks us up and down as if we are riff-raff.

"Hello there dearies, where are your parents?" Laura & I glance at each other, I nearly burst into a fit of laughter.

"I'm sorry, it's just us. We are on our own" The guy looks at us like we just turned into a pair of clowns.

"Come back with adults" Laughter gone.

"If we leave, so does our money..." True words, of course.

"Well then, what are we all looking for? Anything in particular?" I very subtle shake my head at his insincerity, but I guess he doesn't want to lose possibly future renters.

"Something close by, either a studio or a large one bedroom, preferrable bricks walls" The guy looks at Laura with confused eyes, I snicker knowing what she means.

"Right, we have a few options... let me print them off for you and you can browse the available options - give me 5 minutes" We both silently nod.

I swear this guy seems majorly arrogant, I don't like his vibe.

Laura texts Calum saying the exact same thing.

Great minds think alike.

"Right you two, here's the options" He hands Laura a collection of papers, at least 5 or 6.

We sit down and browse through the options, I cough from seeing the prices.

"I'm sorry, are you sure these are all the options?" He proudly smiles nodding, prick.

"Yes sir, that's our best places"

"Do you have anything cheaper?" I was about to ask the same thing, but I guess it's done now.

"Well little lady, you didn't specify..." That snaps my attention, he better not.

"I am sorry sir, but please be respectful towards a potential client" He rolls his eyes.

"Come on Laura, let's go..." No words were said, but I think Laura understood the current situation. Especially because of the tension in the air from the conversation.

We walk right back out of the renting agency, I look around feeling a cold breeze.

"Well, I won't be going back into there anymore" I nod, agreeing.

"Let's go... maybe I should lower my standards" I shake my head.

"There's a place around here, there has to be... one of them has got to be decent, we'll find it. I promise" Laura nods, sighing gently.

"Hey listen, there's another place I know about... I am almost positive we won't need to look further" She nods, I wrap my arm around her shoulders and take her in the direction we need to go to.

I know this renting place quite well, it's more than likely going to be a success.

"Here we are, RiverView Renter... they are amazing people, very kind and professional" I see Laura looking at me weirdly.

"You know an awful lot about the company, is there something else you aren't telling me?" I smile walking over to the front door, pushing it open, hearing the bell ringing.

"Let's get inside" Laura follows after but is taken back by the response from the staff.

"Hey Ross, how are you today? We got your rent, you aren't behind" Eyebrows raise and the staff members look behind me, smiling small.

"Guys, this is Laura... she is looking for a place to live and has a couple of preferences" I see Amanda take an interest in the girl standing awkwardly behind me.

"Laura, lovely, please come with me and we'll see what we have" She nods and heads over to the back desk where the boss is situated, Amanda is the boss and always finds the best deals. Ironically she helped me find my studio - she did follow my preferences.

"So, tell me, Laura. What do you have in mind?" I take the seat next to Laura, keeping the woman company.

"Well, I want brick walls surrounding me... I'd like somehow a beautiful view, either a studio apartment or a large one-bedroom apartment" I give Amanda a stare, almost like mentally sending her an idea.

"Well... I do have one place you might be interested in, it's a fairly priced place but it's also a popular area but since you're being referred to by what I like to call him our best renter... I will do you a lifetime deal if you like the place" Laura smiles and nods, leaning forward.

"This studio apartment is largely sized but it does also have a couple of little beautiful sweet spots, it has a large corner ceiling to floor window with a corner balcony. We can view it just now if you'd prefer for a better opinion?" I could see Laura's eyes brighten up.

"I would love to view it, can we Ross?" She looks at me with excitement, I look at Amanda.

"I think we have somewhere to go Amanda" She smiles at me and walks to the back office and returns with the apartment keys in her hands.

"Let's get into my car and make our way there"