RPRT - 7

Ross

Parking outside our friend's glass palace, I put the car into park.

"You ready to go inside?" She nods throwing her new apartment keys into the air and catching them with a cheeky chuckle, she's cute.

We get out and I lock the car walking up the pathway towards the front door, it's empty inside but there are lights on in different places. Calum must either be in the back garden or down in the basement, either 2.

"Looks like we will need to find him once we are inside" She agrees with me as I push the handle down to open the door.

"Calum, where are you, buddy?" I shout, hurting my throat a little, never underestimate a glass place, the volume does travel but not as much when there are multiple levels.

"I haven't heard a response, you want to check the basement and I'll check the back garden?" I nod and Laura walks off. I slowly looked around this place, almost everything is white, with patches of black and some red finishing touch thrown in. It was a lovely place and it suited him pretty nicely somehow.

"Okay, I have checked the back garden, nothing there... have you checked the basement?" I shake my head, I haven't moved from when she moved at the start.

"No, come with me" We both head down the metal spiraling staircase. It wasn't too far down, 15 steps maybe.

"Calum, mate... you down here?" We get to the bottom of the stairs and find the TV blaring but there's no sound. Our red-headed friend is sitting in his gamer chair with a gaming headset on.

"That's why he never answered, he couldn't hear us" I walk over to him and tap his shoulder.

He jumps up off the gaming chair, practically squealing at the unexpected surprise - the gaming headset goes flying towards the entertainment set up.

"Jesus Christ, you could've warned me!" he shouts at us, breathing heavily.

"Sorry man, we did shout from upstairs but you didn't answer so we came looking for you... if we had known you were wearing headphones or wouldn't have heard us, we would've texted you to warn you" Laura walks over to him but picks up his gaming headset.

"Here, so they don't get broken" She Hands him the headphones, he takes them but put them around his neck.

"Oh man, it's okay. Just let me get my heart working again..." I laugh a little...

"I am sorry man, you know I wouldn't scare you on purpose buddy" He nods, agreeing with me.

"So" He takes a seat in his gaming chair before looking at us both smiling.

"How was your day, did you have fun together?" I nod, smiling.

"I knew it, what did you get up to then?" Laura steps forward and sits down cross-legged in front of him.

"Ross here, helped me get a place to stay so I am going to be moving out of here... but I will visit all the time you know me? I can't stay away from my best friend" He simply smiles at her.

"That's awesome, what's it like?" I grab my phone to get the pictures I took, Laura doesn't know.

"Well, I can either show you from a picture or two that I had taken, or we can drive you there instead and you can view it for yourself?" His eyes appeared shocked.

"You've got it already, that was fast" I stand by Laura, keeping the three of us close.

"Yeah, she signed for it, paid for it... she did it all, the first place we went to though, the guy in the place was an arrogant asshole. Tried to offer us location double the price of what Laura has the now and it was smaller and not as nice" I smile.

"Nice, I would love to see it, but why not just stay here for one more night and we can get take out to celebrate. Ross, stay over and we can all go over together tomorrow with fresh light and fresh eyes" Shaking my head, unsure of the offer.

"If it makes you feel better you can stay down here, no glass walls" I look to the back wall to find that there is indeed a bed, it's tucked away.

"See because there is a lot of people who aren't fans of the glass walls and windows, no one like to stay over... so I made this room for those who would like to stay... what do you say buddy, stay a night?" I sigh, this is Laura's last night here, I don't want to leave her exactly... not right now and I haven't properly seen Calum for a proper while.

"Yeah, sure. I'll stay the night" We all cheer.

"What take out we ordering?"

"PIZZA" Laura shouts scaring the crap out of Calum & me.

"I think Laura wants pizza..." No, you think..?

"You don't say..." We all laugh, pizza it is.

"What kind of pizza do you want?"

"Italian"

"Okay, I know our order bro... I'll go upstairs and order it" He gets up and leaves us in the basement.

I make my way over to the bed to be more comfortable, Laura has the gaming chair til Calum comes back, but I am not sitting on the floor.

"What you doing over there?" She asks as I throw myself on the bed, I guess one of the perks of having a best friend that has a fancy as hell looking house... the beds are always the best.

"Getting more relaxed since I am staying the night" She smiles and walks over to me, sits on the edge of the bed.

"Is this bed taken?" I laugh, cheeky.

"Yes, by me for the night" She nods smiling and lies down on the outside part of the bed, I join her on the inside part.

"Oh... should I leave you 2 alone?" I snap up at the sound of Calum being on the staircase, looking directly at us.

"No, we are just lying down buddy. Long day you know" He nods coming down the rest of the way and sits down in his gaming chair again.

"The pizzas will be here soon, then we can all eat and celebrate little Laura's victory of the day.

"I'm not little, I'm fun" She argues. We all look at each and burst out laughing.