Chapter 2

Y/N POV:

"Oh wow!" I couldn't help the brief sound of amazement as I stood in front of the building that housed Kim Enterprises. It was a beautiful skyscraper that soared into the blue sky, clearly dominating the smaller buildings surrounding it. It was an impressive structure of chrome, glass, and steel and I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

"Pretty impressive, isn't it?" The deep voice next to me surprised me and I turned to see a handsome man with dark hair standing next to me. His innocent looking eyes gave him a cute babyish look, but his strong jawline and the smirk currently on his lips canceled that look out immediately. "Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you."

"It's alright. My first interview with the HR person was via conference call so this is my first time actually seeing the building." Turning my attention back to the building, I scanned it again. "Beautiful but a little intimidating."

The man at my side grinned. "Don't worry. Everyone inside is exceptionally nice." Holding out a hand to me, I took it, shaking his hand. "Jeon Jungkook. Pleasure to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well sir. I'm Y/N. I'm the new Lead Financial Analyst."

Shaking his head, Jungkook laughed. "Please. Just Jungkook. I'm the Head of Graphic Design here, but your name sounds familiar. Were... were you with Elysium LTD before joining us?" I nodded my head in response. "Ah. Jin told us you were coming on board. Let's go in and I can help you get settled in. I don't have anything going until 9:30 so I've got some time."

Appreciating his offer, I smiled. "Thank you for that." Jungkook nodded in response then pulled the glass door open, gesturing for me to precede him. The lobby of the building was just as beautiful as the outside, decorated in shades of blue and hints of silver, giving it a very classy and elegant look. A long dark marble counter stretched across the front and Jungkook led me over there.

Leaning over the counter, he addressed the older woman seated there. "Morning Sariyah my love. How are you this gorgeous morning?"

The woman waved a hand at Jungkook. "Get out of here with that silliness. It is still too early and I have not finished my coffee yet." Turning to me, Sariyah gave me an amused smile. "Don't let this one drag you in with his charms. He'll try, that's for sure."

Jungkook's lips turned down in a pout at her words. "Hey! It's not my fault you are already married. Since you're taken, I have to find a woman elsewhere." A smirk appeared on his face and he winked at her. "But if you decide to leave that husband of yours, let me know. I'm always available for you."

Sariyah shook her head. "Sorry Kook. You're handsome and all, but I've loved the same man for thirty years. Ain't no way I'm letting go of him." Sariyah patted his head the way you would a small child then turned her attention back to me. "Sorry about that. How can I help you?"

"My name is Y/N. I'm supposed to be starting here today." I pulled out my identification and presented it to her, along with the papers that Mr. Kim had told me to bring.

"Y/N?" Sariyah looked down at the computer in front of her then picked up a stack of employee identification cards before pulling one out. She handed it to me. "This is your temporary card. It will get you access to the floors you need until we can set you up an appointment with HR for your permanent card. Unfortunately their machine is down right now, so it might take a few days."

"I understand." I took the card from her, along with the lanyard, and after clipping them together, I placed the lanyard over my head.

"Here's the key code to your office, along with the keys for your desk drawers and file cabinet." Sariyah handed me a card with a seven-digit number on it, along with a key ring with three silver keys. "The mini fridge in your office should have some bottled water in it at the moment, but leave a note for the cafeteria staff and they will make sure to stock it with whatever drinks your prefer. It's one of the perks that Mr. Kim insisted his employees have. The employee card will also get you one meal of choice in the cafeteria. It is open from 7:30 AM until 9:30 PM during the week and until 3:30 PM on Saturday."