Chapter 4

Y/N POV:

When I opened my eyes, I was standing in a wooded area that looked similar to the place Namjoon and I used to ride our bikes so many years ago. The place we used to visit had a beautiful wooded trail that led up to a small waterfall. We had spent many summers at that little slice of heaven, our little secret from the ones who used to torment me. During spring break that final year of high school, I had decided to visit it, wanting to let myself enjoy the silence but when I had gotten there, my heart had shattered yet again. Namjoon, along with Ashley and her band of followers were there, beer bottles everywhere and loud music blasting. Our quiet secret was no more. I left that day and never had the heart to go back.

Trying to push that thought from my mind, I looked around me. I could tell right away that this wasn't the woods we used to visit. There was something off about everything. The trees were a beautiful red, orange and yellow color, but it was too pristine, too idyllic, and way too quiet. The air was completely still and there was no sounds of birds chirping, squirrels chattering, or even insects buzzing. The silence was so overpowering that it was almost too loud and part of me wanted to cover my ears from it all. Close my eyes and pretend that none of this was happening. The only thing keeping me distracted was the scent, an almost smoky smell like that from a campfire.

"Okay Y/N. Get your shit together." Sitting down on a rock, I tried to calm myself down. "You fell in a portal. Totally normal, right?" Shaking my head, I let out a sigh. "No. It's not normal. Nothing about this shit is normal."

"And talking to yourself is?" I turned at the sound of the familiar voice to see one of the guys. He was one I hadn't met yet and the one who had spoken to me so rudely. He was wearing a strange velvet cloak in a dark blue color. I stood up and went to take a step back, but tripped over the rock I was sitting on and landed on my ass in the dirt. "Oh fucking hell. You're not only an idiot, but you're clumsy too."

"Yoongi! For once, stop being an asshole." Jimin's sweet voice cut through and when I looked up, he was walking up behind Yoongi, wearing the same velvet cloak. The others were behind him and when Jungkook spotted me, he hurried over and helped me to my feet.

Jungkook's eyes were worried as they scanned over me, the usual flirtatious look gone and replaced by concern. "You alright Y/N? You're not hurt, are you?"

I went to speak, but Yoongi cut in before I could. "No. The dummy here tripped on a fucking rock and fell." At the sudden angry look cast his way from Jin, Yoongi ducked his head, muttering to himself.

Jin moved closer to me, his steps slow and measured as though he were approaching a skittish horse. "Hey Y/N. It's going to be all right. We're... we're going to get you out of here."

"Where is here? Where the hell am I?" I tried to keep my voice calm, but I knew the panic was clear in it. "What the fuck is going on?"

Jungkook took my hand and led me over to a fallen tree, gesturing for me to sit down. "We're in Aniran. I guess you could say it's the world we come from." He gestured towards the rest of them and I could see the nods in agreement.

"The world... wait... you're not from...?" My question trailed off, my words hanging like a worm on a hook, wondering if someone was going to take the bait and answer or I was going to be left dangling there, wondering what the hell was going on.

Taehyung moved to sit on the other side of me. "The portal you were pulled through connects Aniran to Earth and to many other places in between. We're... we're human so don't think that we're some kind of strange aliens. We're not going to sprout horns or anything, but we... we're Aegneya."