Chapter 3

Y/N POV:

The time flew by and before I knew it, three months had passed. My time at Kim Enterprises couldn't be better and I was thrilled with my position, thrilled with the job I was doing, the things I had been working on. When I saw Namjoon that first day, I had been worried that I wouldn't be able to handle his presence, but it had gone surprisingly well. Even though we were on the same floor, I rarely saw him, just in passing and it had been all too easy to ignore him. Once a week, Kim Seokjin held a meeting with all his department heads, which I was required to attend. I had though it would be uncomfortable, but after I had ignored his attempts to talk to me, he left me alone. I couldn't decide if I was happy about it or not.

"Y/N! Can you rub my head?" Eric dropped his head onto my lap, his voice filled with pleas as he focused his pretty chocolate colored eyes on me. I couldn't help but coo at him as he gazed up at me. He grabbed my hand from the sofa and placed it on his head, using his own hand to move mine around, indicating what he wanted.

Running my fingers through his hair, I tugged on the silky strands making him wince. He pouted up at me and I rubbed the sore spot. "Why are you so cuddly today? What's the matter?"

Eric shrugged, but I could see something was on his mind. "I'm good baby doll. Just tired. Work was long today and I... I just needed a break from thinking about it." Although his words sounded sincere, I could see by the way he wouldn't make eye contact that there was something more to it. Unfortunately, knowing Eric like I did, I knew that if he didn't want to tell me yet then no amount of begging would get it out of him.

Deciding to let it go, I just sat there in silence with my best friend, letting the comfortable quiet we had gotten used to take over my thoughts. After a moment, Eric leaned over and grabbed the remote, switching on the television, turning it to a movie we had seen a couple of times. "Want takeout tonight?" I leaned over his face, tapping his nose with my finger.

Nodding his head, Eric kept his attention on the movie. "Yeah. Sounds good." His voice sounded strange, but I chose to let it go, let him have his moment.

"Want the usual?" Eric nodded his head again at my question and I let out a sigh. Picking up my phone, I placed the order then set my phone down, putting my hands back in his hair. He closed his eyes against my touch and I tickled his side. "Hey. No falling asleep. Food will be here soon."

Eric looked up at me with a pout. "I'm not sleeping. Your hands just feel good."

Running my hands through his hair again, I grinned. "I know." Leaning down, I pecked his nose, making him scrunch it up cutely.

Eric's eyes turned mischievous and his lips formed a sexy smirk. "We don't have time for a nap, but I know what we do have time for." He wiggled his eyebrows and when I didn't say anything, he sat up and pulled me into his arms, pressing his lips to mine. When I didn't protest, his tongue swept over my lips, sliding between mine. He deepened the kiss, pulling me onto his lap until I was straddling him. He continued to kiss me, his hands on my hips, holding me down against him.

When he didn't make any move to take it further, I leaned back and he moved his lips to my neck. "I thought you wanted something else." My voice came out in a breathy whisper when his lips hit a sensitive spot on my neck, one of the spots he had come to know so well.

Shaking his head, Eric's silky hair tickled my nose. "Nope. I just want to kiss you right now." Surprised by his words, I said nothing but when he brought my lips back to his, I kissed him with the same desperation that he had showed me. Normally by now, we would be naked on the sofa with his thick erection pushing into me, but this time, we just made out on the sofa like teenagers, our hands never wandering into more intimate territory. It was different and I was afraid to admit I liked it. Maybe more than I should.