S1 EP6 - Red Faced

Two cars were engaged in a road rage race, both unaware they were headed for a line of school children. Ben landed and webbed both of them, pulling back as he dug his feet into the ground. The cars started slowing down but he lost grip of one of the cars and dropped the web line. Kara landed in front of it and stopped it before it could hit the children.

Scarlet Spider: Thanks, Supergirl.

Supergirl: Anytime.

The children clapped for them. The man from the car that Kara had stopped stepped out.

Man: You broke my nose!

Supergirl: Watch where you're going next time.

Man: You totaled my freaking car!

Supergirl: Before you totaled all these kids!

Man: You better get out of my face, you stupid...

He went to punch her but Kara grabbed his hand.

Man: Argh, you're hurting me!

Kara let go off his hand. She looked back to see the kids recording.

———

Back at the DEO, they watched the news broadcast of the event.

Newscaster: <Supergirl scares young children at a local school. Road rage and superpowers...>

Hank: Road rage. What were you thinking?

Supergirl: They were about to run over an entire soccer team. It's always men who go crazy behind the wheel.

Scarlet Spider: That's why I never learned how to drive.

Supergirl: What?

Hank: You cannot lose control like that.

Supergirl: Those two idiots nearly killed people, and you're getting mad at me?

Hank: That's the thing, Ms. Danvers, I am not mad. I am controlling my anger. I suggest you get into the habit.

Scarlet Spider: Daaamn...

They both stared at him.

Scarlet Spider: I'm getting the sense that was inappropriate. I'd like to apologize.

Hank: I once told you there are people out there who fear your cousin. It's not because he has god-like powers. It's because of what he might do to them if he ever lost his temper.

Vasquez: Ma'am. You just might want to look at this.

Vasquez handed Kara the tablet with a Maxwell Lord newsfeed on it.

Lord: <I'm just glad these two men were only hospital and not the morgue. We're all so worried about police brutality, maybe we ought to put a body camera on these superheroes.>

Scarlet Spider: God, that guy sucks.

———

Later in the day, Alex and Kara talked to Ben and Winn in private.

Winn: Absolutely not! Are you out of your minds?

Alex: Winn, we need your help.

Winn: To break into the DEO mainframe? Uh, that's not help, that's treason.

Ben: Coward.

Kara: Winn...

Winn: No! No. No, okay. I'm sorry. Not even for you, Kara. For whom I would do anything... I... No! I'm not doing this.

Kara: It's about her dad.

Winn: That's a dirty pull, Danvers. You know I have daddy issues.

Ben: Don't we all?