𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼

Lilah's POV

The first thought in my head was that everything hurt. My neck and abdomen were the sorest of all. It felt like I had gotten the crap beat out of me.

Oh, wait. I did. 

I cracked my eyes open and found myself staring at my bedroom ceiling. How had I gotten here? I thought back to the events last night and remembered Peter. He had tried to storm out, but I had tried to convince him to stay. I didn't want him to be reckless and hurt himself. 

Had he ended up leaving? I bolted up in bed to scan the room for him. Then I quickly fell back on the bed in pain. I groaned and gripped my ribs with my right hand. 

I went to move my left hand but found it was trapped. I looked to my left and saw Peter. His head was laying on the bed, but he sat in a chair. He was here. He was safe...and he was holding my hand. 

I looked over, surprised that I hadn't woken him. His messy brown hair covered most of his face. He had long black lashes that sat against his cheeks. 

I felt my cheeks starting to blush. Nope. Nope. Nope. 

I untangled my hand from his and slowly made it out of bed. I'd like to think that I was doing it so slowly as to not wake Peter, but It really hurt to move any part of my abdomen. I placed a blanket across his back and then walked towards my, surprisingly, fixed door

I looked down at my body and realized I was still in my suit. Bandages crossed haphazardly around each of my limbs, looking messy because my suit was in the way. 

I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My hair was slightly messy but curly from the braid it had been in earlier. I had a small cut on my right cheekbone and a tiny bruise across my jawbone.  

Not bad for how hard I'd been hit. 

I unwound the bandages from my limbs and realized that some places the bandages had been covering didn't even have any wounds. Weird. 

I still had some burns, so I took care while removing my suit to avoid those. I looked at my abdomen in the mirror. I had bruises all up my side. 

I grabbed some bandages from under my bathroom sink and wrapped it around my ribs. I needed just a little extra support if I was going to move at all today. Moving my arms slowly, I finally accomplished the task. 

I then cleaned the remaining burns on my legs and then put on a baggy shirt and sweatpants so the fabric wouldn't be too tight on my wounds. 

Suit in hand, I quietly made my way to the living room and pulled my sewing machine out from its own little drawer in the kitchen. It needed a few more alterations. 

I looked at the clock and realized it was only 7 in the morning. Great, that means I could work on this for a little bit before Peter wakes up. I started with pulling apart the stitching from the inside of the suit so I could replace the fabric of the legs. 

I had fixed this suit so many times that it just felt like muscle memory, just everything was 2 paces too slow in order to keep from moving too much. 

After about an hour, I had reattached the black part of the legs back onto the suit. Now all I had to do were the arms and part of the hood. 

As I was pulling out the stitching for the arms, I heard a commotion. "Lilah!" Peter's voice sounded from the bedroom. "Lilah, where are you?!" 

"I'm in the living room." My voice was quiet and hoarse from all the smoke inhalation and being choked. I didn't have to look towards the hallway to know he had come into the room. I felt my spidey sense sound off as he got closer to me.