𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟼

Lilah's POV

I finished my hair and was finishing the final touches of my makeup. I swiped on a rich red lipstick. Then I grabbed a black purse, stuffed my suit inside, and started to head towards the door. 

Peter was still at my place, doing some homework for class. "You ready?"

"Yep! I'm heading out right now. I'm going to meet him at Oscorp."

"Do you want me to swing you there?" He smiled and started to put his mask back on. 

"I just got ready," I laughed.

"And?" He opened the balcony doors and gestured outside. 

"And I don't want to mess it up." I walked over to him, lightly bopped his nose, and then headed towards the front door. I was interrupted as a web connected to my back. 

He pulled me back towards him and caught me in his arms. "I won't mess it up. I promise." I could hear the smile in his voice. 

I struggled in my position, slightly embarrassed at being held like this. "Peter, please." I let out an exasperated laugh. 

He walked us out through the balcony doors, closed them, and then looked down at me. "It'll be faster. And a lot more fun." 

He jumped off and held onto me tightly. "Oh my goodness Peter." He laughed and swung faster. I wrapped my arms around his neck to hold on and felt his grip around my waist tighten. 

I opened my eyes and watched the cityscape fly past us. I couldn't help but let a smile grow on my face. This had always been my favorite thing about the spider powers. 

"See? Not bad at all!" His voice traveled into my ear. 

"It was never bad, It might've just ruined the hair." I released an arm and tugged my hair over one shoulder to try and control how puffy it would be in a few minutes. 

In mid-swing, he used one of his hands to grab mine and tug it back around his neck. "It looks good in the wind, don't try and stop it." 

I laughed and tried to stop a small blush that traveled across my face. "Just focus on swinging bug boy."

"Don't try that card with me, you're an insect too." 

I let out a small laugh, "Touche", and we continued the rest of the trip in comfortable silence. I saw the tall building of Oscorp start to stand out from the skyline. Peter set me down in an alley across the street from the building. 

I stepped away, pulled out a small makeup mirror from my bag, and started to rearrange my hair. I could see Pete's masked face in the background of the mirror. I laughed as I looked at him and tried to fix my hair, "Ah look at my hair! I told you this was a bad idea."

"I think this was the best idea I've had in a while."

I laugh escaped my lips and I rolled my eyes at his annoying mischief. I took my lipstick out of my bag, lightly reapplying it. I turned around and looked up at him. "Do I look okay for a night out with a millionaire?"

"You look ready for one with a billionaire."

A smile grew across my face, "Thanks. Wish me luck!" Without waiting for an answer, I walked across the street and stopped in front of the large, slightly sinister-looking building. My walk was accompanied by the sound of a web-slinging away. 

I stood on the sidewalk for not more than a minute before Peter texted me.

"I'll be nearby in case you need me."

I rolled my eyes and texted back, "Don't worry about it, I will have it all under control."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a black car roll up along the sidewalk. Shoving the phone into my purse, I did a nervous adjustment to my dress.