𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻

Lilah's POV

-the next morning-

I had been thinking about Peter all morning. Not just about him being wounded, but the way he had kissed me the second time. 

It still gives me butterflies just thinking about it. 

I texted him as soon as I woke up. 

"How are you feeling?" 

He texted back almost immediately, "I'm feeling fine! I'm going to go back around the city today."

"Don't do that. You are gonna hurt yourself more."

"Well, I had a great doctor to heal me up so I'm perfect." 

I rolled my eyes but gave up soon after because I knew I couldn't stop him at all. I popped into the shower to start preparing for my 'date'. I let my wet hair down so it could air dry. 

Then I went into my living room pulled out my sewing machine, and collected the material that I had chosen for a new project.

I had a small bolt of black silk fabric with a black tulle for the sleeves. I was planning on having it be a backless dress and have it hit the middle of my upper thigh.

 I was planning on having it be a backless dress and have it hit the middle of my upper thigh

I was going for a simple yet elegant dress. Sexy and classy at the same time would be perfect for dear Harry. It wouldn't be too hard to create, considering that I had a few hours to make it. Even if I had to work with tulle. 

I turned on my music and started on it. Once I get into my work, It was hard to get distracted by other things. It was one of my favorite things to do. 

I pulled the silky material delicately through the machine. Slowly getting back into the rhythm of creating more of my work. 

I completed the body of the dress and then moved onto the sleeves. I almost missed the balcony door opening. There was Miles, strutting on in. 

"Hey, L! Are you ready for tonight?"

"Yes I am. I'm preparing for it right now." I continued to work, trying to not mess up the finniky tulle. 

"Look at you being all fancy!" 

He laughed, pulled off his mask, and went to hunt through my fridge. I talked to him while I worked, "You were super smooth with Peter's idea last night." 

"Oh I know. I'm amazing. But I heard it didn't go as planned."

"It's fine. It was a great way to end it." I laughed and looked towards him. Then I heard my machine hitch and then looked down in slight alarm. I had messed up a stitch with the stupid fabric. 

"I heard about that too." I looked at him while I carefully unstitched the problem I had created. 

"Did Peter tell you everything???"