𝟬𝟰

𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗮 𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗶'𝘀 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱

-

"it's too early to go to bed y/n."

"not for my nezuko!" you chirped. sanemi followed you two into the bedroom with an eye roll, a slight smirk on his face as he watched you bounce the baby demon on your hip as you walked.

you placed her down gently before rolling out an extra futon mattress for nezuko, beside yours and sanemi's larger, shared one. you fluffed up the pillows and spread out the sheets neatly.

sanemi tiredly observed you, a strong look of admiration in his eyes that you were too busy to notice. he loved it when after a long day of missions or training, you both finally got some time together.

he preferred it that way. alone, with you.

well, and nezuko for today, he guessed.

this way, he could admire you for as long as he liked, without the excessive teasing from the other hashira, about the blatant 'soft' side he possessed for you.

in his perspective, you were the prettiest girl in the world, and despite the cruelness you'd both suffered and the cold days of destroying demonic beings, he found a warmth in you that kept him in a haze.

one that dispersed all those aggressive, painful memories.

-

a sharp cry had you shoot up from your mattress, sanemi scowling before rubbing at his eyes tiredly.

"what the fuck." sanemi cursed, barely awake.

another cry was let out, before they became consistent and the noise became overwhelming.

"say it's a nightmare, when did i ask to have a ki-"

"shut up, you babbling idiot." you scowled over at him, already tired without sanemi's remarks.

nezuko was tossing and turning in her bed, eyebrows frowned, nose wrinkled and mouth twitching as if she were in pain.

you sat up, carefully lifting her into your arms and began cradling her. you stroked her hair delicately, as you swayed wide to side, and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead to help calm her down.

"m-m-mother." nezuko mumbled, tears staining her rosy cheeks as she clutched onto your robe with her tiny fists.

"i think she misses her mother."

"thought she didn't have one."

you scoffed in disbelief. "neither do you, asshole."

"yay, we're all orphans, go us." your boyfriend smiled sarcastically, shoving his head under his pillow and wrapping the sheets around his naked torso.

you left a soft slap on his back muscles for his earlier comment, a groan leaving his lips as you cradled nezuko in your arms, silently sending her back to sleep.

"i think she likes the comfort. having a mother-no,
being a mother, is such an important role. the care they provide, the love and support they're expected to give."

sanemi had now lifted his head up from under his pillow, leaning against the wall, white sheets tangled between his legs as his shirtless torso was on display, abs peeking through the sheets.

you were too busy monologuing your thoughts to notice his intense gaze on you, listening to your words sombrely.

"i wonder if...if we had this. this..motherly love. it would have been nice."

you never really had a mother to comfort you growing up. despite your father being a messy drunkard all of your life when she passed after giving birth to you, you didn't have people to call family.

the same went for sanemi, having killed his own at a young age and being left with practically no one except a complicated sibling relationship, you both grew to love each other; finding safety and comfort in one another, through all you'd endured.

"she's asleep, y/n." sanemi's husky voice broke you away from your deep thoughts. "what're you thinking about?"

"it's just...it's nothing."

"idiot." he exhaled deeply, watching as you placed nezuko back beside the two of you on her own little mattress. "we may not have had that type of love, but we have our type of love."

you smiled, eyes gazing into his as you tiredly blinked. you leaned forward slightly, pressing a soft kiss on his lips, in which sanemi easily responded to.

"you're right. we do. and i'm so glad we do."

you both soon dozed off, sanemi's left arm wrapped around your waist, his right hand soothingly grasping your hair.

not proofread! sorry for the late updates, i was struggling finishing this chapter :/