𝟬𝟲

"I THINK IT'S TIME WE HEAD BACK."

sanemi suggests. you sigh in bliss, not wanting the moment to end as you basked in the sunlight, sprawled across the picnic blanket.

nezuko waddled around, helping clean up before following after him slowly. she nudged her head at you, asking you to get up too so you could make the journey back to the log house you'd both booked in for the week.

"ugh, finee." you groan, stretching out your arms as he began packing up your dishes into the wicket basket you'd brought along with you.

yawning, you called after sanemi as he began walking back.

"wait for meee, sanemi. nezuko, you too!" you pouted, as you rolled around on the blanket.

"hurry up then, moron!" he said, slowing his steps down so you could catch up.

after a few more minutes, you finally decided you actually should get up.

before you could even do so, within a split second you were snatched up, scraping yourself onto a cherry blossom tree as a white haired demon stood in front of you.

"LET GO OF ME." you scowled, the demon who now had his arms around you smirking at how he caught you off guard.

"my, my, what have we got here? two delicious snacks, and a prize?"

"douma." you spat, the rainbows in his eyes sparkling as he eyed you up and down, predatorily.

flashbacks of the past came into your mind. the demon that killed shinobu's sister. an upper moon. a powerful one at that.

"SANEMI! protect nezuko!" you called out. you could tell these two were sent after you all for a reason.

after nezuko had recently conquered the sun, oyakata-sama had mentioned she quickly had become a target to muzan and his minions, in order to discover how to withstand the sunlight too.

you tried to locate your sword on the ground, but douma's grasp squeezed you even tighter, making it difficult to concentrate properly.

"i've got her!" he replied, making you quickly turn to him to see he had an opponent for himself , fists at the ready to engage in battle.

"you look like a good challenge. let's see how you good you can fight, man to man." akaza sneered, his yellow eyes burning into sanemi's violet ones.

"get out of my way!" sanemi growled, his eyes darting across the forest as douma ran with you in his hold.

douma jumped from tree branch to tree branch, your body clutched tightly in his grasp. he kept going until he was at the highest he could go, far out of sanemi and nezuko's reach.

sanemi gritted his teeth and let out a snarl as douma's hand gripped around your throat, his nails getting dangerously close to impaling your jugular.

you could only watch pathetically as he fought off akaza, his blade and akaza's fists in a constant battle against each other. every step he tried to take closer to you he would be blocked by the fighter once again.

"s-sanemi." you weakly called out, worried for his and nezuko's safety.

"release her you bastard!"

before he could leap towards you, akaza swiftly moved out of sanemi's path whilst he was distracted with the thought of you and grabbed nezuko, not leaving any chance of letting go this time.

"mhm!" nezuko growled as akaza's arm tightened around her neck, the newly pressed gauge and position holding her back from attacking.

"i'm coming y/n!" he yelled out, unaware of the new situation behind him.

you tried to scream back and ask him to focus on nezuko but all that came out were muffled shrieks, as you watched akaza walk off with her.

tanjiro's sister. your nezuko.

"oh my, my. we've got what we came for. i guess it's time to go unfortunately. next time, you won't be as lucky, hashira."

and before you knew it, douma let out a grin and released you from his hold, dropping you from the top of the tree.

as you fell, smaller branches hitting and scratching your weak body, you heard sanemi's yell, but nothing from nezuko.

the demons had long gone whilst you lay losing consciousness in your boyfriend's toned body, your chest pressed into his tightly, as if he'd never let you go again.

-
this is defo not proof read but i felt like u guys needed an update :)