𝟬𝟭

"on your left y/n." called out your partner, his own hands slashing through the neck of a demon whilst his eyes were focused on the the monster trailing behind you sneakily.

"got it sanemi!" you replied, bouncing off a tree trunk for acceleration before swiftly cutting through it's neck, so softly the demon closes its eyes almost in content.

with a few more strikes from sanemi and some soft blows from you, all that was left was the dust of beheaded demons and the scorching sun on your backs that had just freshly risen.

"i'm so glad that's over." you yawned, arms stretching outwards as you cracked your neck. "this entire week's been exhausting. let's head home."

"why didn't you say you were getting tired?" sanemi scoffed, observing you intensely. your left leg jittered slightly, he thought it was because of the extensive walking to and from missions you'd both been at.

"i didn't wanna worry you. just another day's work." you said, a cheeky grin spreading across your plush lips. "what are you doing?"

the white-haired man had crouched down before you, knees bent as his back now faced you, in which you observed with a scrunched nose, confused.

"well? are you gonna stand there all day or hop on?"

ah. human chariot boyfriend.

"why thank you, kind sir." you grinned at the male and softly clambered on whilst sanemi adjusted you onto his muscular back.

he began walking as you stroked your fingers along the ridges of his shoulders. "you sure you'll be able to carry me all the way back home?"

"ay, you calling me weak?"

"maybe i am? all this extensive training's been getting you all cocky, you know? you need some humbling." you teased.

"whatever y/n." your boyfriend rolled his eyes at your behaviour that he was so used to.

-

finally arriving to the neighbourhood of segregated mansions, you and sanemi now walking side by side.

you were greeted with seemingly younger demon slayer trainees practicing in the yards of the training grounds, scattered in between the residential area.

"it's good to be back home!" you beamed, sanemi rolling his eyes playfully. you were too cute for him to contain himself; he just wanted to squish you but to keep him image, his face was stone-still.

"l/n-sama! it's ready!" one of your housekeepers came rushing out of your mansion towards you and sanemi, the man quickly slipping his hand from yours as you took the tray from the smaller girl's hands.

"ah, thank you rina. i'm glad you got my message on time." you glanced over at sanemi, his tongue subtly flicking over his lips as he observed the ohagi on the tray predatorily.

rina bowed courteously, before running off to attend to her housekeeping duties. you now turned to your boyfriend, a cheeky smile on your face.

"they're all yours, by the way." you said before, pulling the man along with you to the steps leading to your house doors.

he shifted his legs, crossing them over one another as you seated next to him. the ohagi looked delicious, a family recipe in which you'd make for sanemi after every mission. it was like a reward and he lapped it up like a puppy.

a dangerous, demon-fighting puppy.

"open." sanemi grunted before parting his lips, allowing you to giggly shove the delicacy in his mouth.

"isn't this nice?" you said, before swiping the deep-coloured filling on the side of his cheek, catching the male off guard.

after you fed the sweets to sanemi (and his face)  you both changed out of your uniforms and into some more comfortable clothing, before beginning to do your rounds around the houses, checking on the trainees, or as sanemi liked to call it: 'babysitting'.

as we walked along the estates, your hand swinging sanemi's similarly to as a child would, he chuckled at your behaviour before you were approached by an out-of-breath trainee.

"what is it?" sanemi bluntly asked. you rolled your eyes at his monotonous tone he used with everyone.

well, except you.

"d-dearest hashiras. oyakata-sama requests your audience."