𝟬𝟱

"ANOTHER week?!"

you winced as your boyfriend's yells caught you off guard, eyes glancing over at nezuko who was rolling around the floors. 'so adorable.'

"sorry, shinazugawa-san, but kamado-kun has been deployed out with rengoku-san for another mission. i doubt they'll be back so soon."

shinobu sighed, her signature irritated look on her face as she observed the man rampage around her estate.

'should've put him on a leash.' you internally groaned, looking over at her apologetically.

she took your hand in hers and brought you closer, pulling your yukata back a bit, before applying the ointment through delicate dabs, as she patched up some old wound that was opening up at your shoulder again.

you burned a bright red as she raised her eyebrows teasingly at the now fading purple marks that scattered your neck.

'i'm gonna kill that rambling idiot for this embarrassment later.'

"no no no, we aren't keeping her for another week. me and y/n are meant to go to Ashikaga for our break period this week. we are-"

"-taking nezuko with us! good idea sanemi, something you haven't had in a while.." you muttered.

"we can take nezuko with us to Ashikaga! she'll love the flowers, and we can all have fun in the hotel toget-"

"y/n we are NOT taking that brat with us, for the love of whatever god there is in this world." sanemi scoffed, seating himself across from you.

you huffed, a pouty scowl overtaking your features. "we can't just leave her, you know no one else can take care of her. i'm sure we can add one more member to our little holiday, hm?"

sanemi inhaled deeply, his attempt at ignoring the sparkle in your eyes as you tried your best to tempt him into giving you what you wanted.

it was a dirty little trick, he thought. one you used often yet it always caught him into giving in. you were too cute for him to resist.

"don't make that face, y/n."

-

you skipped along the hill coveted in green, relishing in the way the light breeze brushed around you. it was times like these you appreciated your boyfriend's relationship with the winds.

until he broke the peaceful silence.

"why am i carrying the gremlin?" sanemi scowled, nezuko growling back at him, her lips pouted as her brows furrowed, in attempt to mimic your boyfriend's scary expression.

"can i not have one minute's peace, mr shinazugawa? is that so unbearable for you?" you sighed.

"YES IT IS. i'm gonna drop her on purpose now."

"my love, we're nearly there. give her to me then."

"are you calling me incapable of carrying an insolent demon child?" sanemi said, making you roll your eyes as he trudged farther than you to prove a point, picking up speed as he left.

"who's the child now?" you giggled, chasing after him.

-

"wow! the flowers are so pretty." you beamed, twirling around to take in the colossal sight of the garden wrapped in purple wisteria plants.

"and i'm done." sanemi rolled his head around, as he caught his breath. kinda ironic, you thought for a wind hashira.

"let's eat then." he watched as you laid out the pastel pink picnic blanket, before decorating it with a ton of different delicacies and his favourites, including ohagis. he couldn't wait to dig into the sweet red bean delightfulness, accompanied by fluffy rice only you could make to suit his tastes.

you helped feed nezuko, her baby hands only being able to hold the smallest portions. it was an adorable sight, though he'd never admit the demon before him had him somewhat smitten; the sight of you filling in as mother for nezuko made his heart warm.

sanemi's eyes didn't leave the sight of you; your beauty never failed to leave him in awe. as the wisteria trees swayed, petals fluttered through the air and were carried through the breeze that ran through your hair. nezuko ran around you both in circles as you laughed at her playfulness - the sight amusing you both.

'this is happiness'. he thought, a tiny smile upon his lips.

as she played around the grounds with your supervision, careful of the wisteria, sanemi clasped his hand over yours, running his fingers through your own and holding you lovingly as you smiled at him.

what you both did not notice in particular was a pair of devilish yellow eyes peeking through the wisteria branches, concealed by the range of lilacs and mauve plants.

𝗳𝘂𝗻 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: '𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗸𝗮𝗴𝗮 𝗳𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸' 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗼𝗸𝘆𝗼, 𝗷𝗮𝗽𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮 𝟭𝟱𝟬 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱!𝗽𝘀. 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲, 𝗶 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗹