Chapter Ten: My Card's On The Table

Zemo raises his head to glance at me when I enter the communal area, clearing the space beside him so that I can sit there. I smile weakly at him but guilt churns in my stomach and I, instead make my way to the kitchen to grab something quick to snack on. "There's some Turkish Delight in the cupboard if you want any" Zemo calls from his seat on the couch and I gladly accept the offer, opening each cupboard door until I find the sugary goods. I grab a small handful before sitting up on the kitchen counter, facing the three "We need to go soon. Does anyone happen to know of any stores where I can get some jeans or leggings or just something so that I'm not wearing boxers around small children" I say, Zemo clearly shocked at the sound of my voice but stifling it with a fabricated cough. "Well, my dear. I'm sure I can find something for you if you just text me what size you want. I won't be long but may I please have my coat just for this trip and then you can take it back if you wish?" he asks and I nod. He collects it from the bathroom, I text him my size and then he leaves, kissing me on the cheek.

Sam stares at me after he's gone "Look. I hate that guy but are you genuinely going to let him do all this shit for you while you make out with Bucky behind his back?" he asks. Bucky chokes on his water across the room, wide eyes like those of a deer in headlights. He glares at me as though accusing me of blabbing and I shoot him an identical look. "Neither of you told me, I'm just not stupid. And it wasn't as dark as you think it was in that shipping container," he shudders "It was like watching two seals fight over a fish" he gags. "Lovely. And you wonder why you're not rolling in the ladies" Bucky says, staring at Sam dead in the eyes as Sam points at him dramatically "SEE THAT! THAT THING WHERE HE JUST STARES! IT'S CREEPY!" he starts screaming and I can't hold in my laughter, slamming my hand on the counter in amusement as Sam pouts at me, still mumbling and muttering over how scary it is while Bucky continues to brood off in the corner before walking off in a huff.

A few moments later, Sam once more begins to speak, this time seeming a bit more serious with his words. "But seriously, y/n. I get that they're both conventionally attractive men and while the staring machine may be growing on me a bit, they are still both dangerous men and pitting them against each other won't end well for anyone. I've known you for only a few days after having known of you for years and I can safely say that Zemo worships you and I can understand why. Bucky is a great guy but there's a lot going on under the hood there that's going to end up getting one of you hurt. I'm not saying you shouldn't be with Bucky, I'm just letting you know that if you make them compete, it's going to get messy. But you can't keep living this double life, letting Zemo take care of you and then sticking your tongue down Bucky's throat every time he turns his back" He sits up on the counter beside me and I sigh "It's not every time. Only twice" I mumble, laying my head on his shoulder until he playfully pushes me away "I love you and all but I am not getting killed by either of those men if they catch you leaning against me. They're both crazy. You must have a type" he laughs to himself before pulling me into a side hug as Bucky walks back in, glaring over at us. Sam backs away with his hands in a surrender pose, both he and I stifling laughter. "Bucky, don't be jealous, she's just sampling some of the round brown" he winks at me and I cringe internally, giving him a small pity laugh as Bucky scoffs. "She's got everything she needs right here" he says only to gain a chuckle from Sam "With that flat ass? Bitch, please" he hops down from the counter to flaunt his 'round brown' and I cover my eyes "Can you guys take this to the bedroom and leave my poor innocent eyes out of it?" I ask through laughter as Sam and Bucky once more begin to bicker over my honour or some shit and I notice a pair of leggings by the doorway that Zemo must have left and walked away from. Shit. They hadn't been there before Sam and I had started talking and I wasn't paying attention to the door when we were.

The moment that I noticed them I ran out of the door, praying that Zemo had only just arrived and hadn't heard the rest of our conversation. But he's nowhere to be seen. I hurry down the steps, my head whipping from left to right as I search the street for the familiar coat. That's when I see it.

Red (Helmut Zemo's Version)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें