Dumbledore's Explanation

Author Note: The picture I wanted to put above couldn't be saved, so I am going to write what it says and choose a different picture. Please read this and write this if you have stories on Wattpad. This is an important message to everyone who is being bullied.

'The "gay boy" you punched in the hall today committed suicide a few minutes ago. that girl you called a slut in class today, she's a virgin. The boy you called lame, has to work every night to support his family. That girl you pushed down the other day, she's already being abused at home. The girl you called fat, she's starving herself. The old man you made fun of cause of the ugly scars, he fought for our country. The boy you made fun of for crying, his mother is dying. You think you freaking know them? Guess what? You don't! Re-post if you are against bullying. I bet 99% of you won't, but repost this 1% with a heart.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information:

"Siriusly?" - talking

'Raven' - thinking

'you are an idiot!' - telepathy

"Wolf in sheep's clothing" - parseltongue

-YOU!- - spell

James stumbled upstairs, holding his wand tightly. When he entered the room, he noticed the mess and felt his heart beating faster and faster until he couldn't hear anything else. He quickly ran towards the wooden mess and pulled out his wand.

-Wingardium Leviosa-

The wood started floating and he floated them to one of the corners of the room and did the same with the rest of the wood. He then pocketed his wand, carried his wife to one of the beds in their house, and then came back upstairs and carried both of his baby boys down. Harry looked exhausted and his eyes were a little glazed over. Cameron's face was decorated with a straight line of tears and snot. 

James was immediately alert when he noticed the scars on each of the boys' faces. There was a small lightning bolt-shaped scar on Harry's forehead, and Cameron had a W on the right side of his face, covering his entire cheek. 'That is going to be bad, everyone will notice him.'

But then James realized what happened and had a thought, 'We survived! We survived Voldemort! I need to call the headmaster.' He stepped towards the fireplace and placed his hand in the pot holding floo powder, only to find that it was almost empty. He stepped back in disappointment and started thinking of another way to call the headmaster.

However, he didn't have time to think though, as Lily groaned and started sitting up on the bed. 

"James? What happened?"

"Lily! Are you okay? you were buried under the wood and I was so worr-" He was interrupted when the fireplace burst into green flames. The headmaster stepped out, his robes and beard charred, while his glasses were cracked. 

"Lily, James, I was nearby when I saw a flash, and when I arrived, at last, Voldemort was gone. Are you two okay?"

James and Lily exchanged glances, thinking the exact same thing, 'We are so lucky to be on the headmaster's side, he can save us.'

James was the one who answered, "We are ok, headmaster, though I think the boys are hurt. They both have scars. See?"

Dumbledore moved forward to look at the boys, and as he observed them, James felt a wave of dizziness wash over him. "Uh, headmaster," he said "is it alright if I sit down for a bit? My head is starting to hurt."

Dumbledore nodded and James transfigured a crib out of two pieces of wood. He then placed his boys inside them, and sat down on the couch, holding Lily close to his side, and resting his head on the back of the couch.

The house was silent for some time, other than the occasional chirps of crickets, a few sniffles from Cameron, and the breathing of everyone inside the house. When Dumbledore finally looked up, a grave look on his face, Lily asked, "Nothing has happened to them, right?"

Dumbledore looked at her sadly and said, "My dear, I have terrible news for you."

James quickly sat up, and his head started hurting again.

"What is it, headmaster?"

"Cameron is exhausted and his magic has taken a strain, while Harry's magic is down to lower than a squib, and the scars are going to be permanent. Although, I believe that joyously, Cameron has defeated the dark lord!"

"That is wonderful!" exclaimed Lily. 

"But, I think that you should give Harry away to someone else to take care of him."

"What? Why?", James immediately asked, his head now clear. 

"As Cameron defeated the dark lord, he will get a lot of fame, and since Harry is barely a squib, he would get jealous of the fame Cameron has."

Lily wasn't against the idea, unlike James, "But who is going to take care of him?"

James looked at Lily in disbelief and said, 'You aren't really thinking about it?'

"I believe you have a sister dear?" The headmaster interrupted unaware of the question James asked. And as if the headmaster knew what James was thinking, he waved his hand behind his back.

Lily shot James a look and replied, "Yes sir. My sister is a muggle."

Dumbledore nodded and said, "I can take him now. Say your goodbyes."

Lily agreed and levitated the kids and dragged James upstairs, to a new room, and set it down. 

"Lily, you can't do that!" James shouted, fighting against the compulsion, "Are you really going to do this?"

"Yes", she said hesitantly a little unsure herself, but then she composed herself and said, "Dumbledore is going to take him away anyway, so let's just say goodbye to him."

James walked toward Harry and looked him in his eyes before saying, "Papa loves you, and I always will. I will come back to get you, I promise."

Lily took Harry from James and said, "Mama loves you too Harry."

Dumbledore called from downstairs, "James. Lily. I believe I should start going. Think of a story to cover up for Harry. No one must know of this."

Jame and Lily gave him Harry with some hesitance and James's mind finally molded to fit the compulsion. They quickly said goodbye to Dumbledore as he walked out of the wards and apparated to Privet Drive. Somewhere else, at the same time, a raven called out.

I know it was short, but I will try to make the next one longer!

- Eden