Decimated New Home

Information:

"Siriusly?" - talking

'Raven' - thinking

'you are an idiot!' - telepathy

"Wolf in sheep's clothing" - parseltongue

-YOU!- - spell

Wool's Orphanage 

Harry knocked on the wooden door, unsure of how to act. He stood silently for a few seconds before knocking again. A crash resounded from inside and he recoiled as the door was slammed open.

"WHO IS KNOCKING ON THE DOOR AT THIS HOUR?!" A big, burly woman opened the door and yelled in his face. Spit sprayed everywhere and Harry quietly whimpered.

She looked down just now noticing Harry, "Who are ya, kid? What do ya want?"

"I-I don't have anywhere else to go," Harry stuttered.

"Alright, alright, come inside," the woman said, her face twisting as she reluctantly let him in.

"Who is it, dear?" A male's voice echoed through the old house and the stairs creaked as someone walked down.

"Just a little kid who has nowhere to go," the woman answered. "Anyway, you take care of him, I'm going to sleep." The man laughed and wrapped the woman in a hug before letting her off to sleep.

"Alright boy, follow me," the man ordered. Harry followed him through a series of hallways and past many doors. When they finally stopped, it was at the end of the hallway in front of an almost broken-down door with scratched blue paint. "In there, stay there, we'll decide what to do with you in the morning."

"Ye-yes sir," Harry mumbled, wincing as the door groaned on his way inside. The man nodded and left leaving Harry on his own. He looked around the room. There was a small bed, barely able to fit two people in, looking like it would collapse any second. There was also a little rickety wardrobe at the corner of the room and a drawer near the bed with a dull-illuminated lamp.

Harry gladly dumped the weight of his backpack on the bed and sat on it, crossing his legs. He smiled to himself as Raja unfurled and slid down onto the soft mattress.

'My new home, it's awesome!! This means no Vernon and Dudley, no hiding from neighbors or people walking past, and it also means not sleeping in a cupboard!!'

"You like it?" Raja flicked his tongue.

"Yesss"

Harry couldn't keep in the small laugh bubbling up his throat. 'I can finally enjoy myself now!!' 

Something groaned outside his door and Harry froze. Raja slid under his shirt and he slowly stood up and tip-toed to the door. He lost his balance and fell on the floor as a loud voice echoed from right outside.

"Oi! Open up, show me your face you little brat," a raspy voice followed, "Mary should at least tell me when we have someone new."

Harry opened the door just a tiny bit, enough to fit his face in. He saw an aged and wrinkled man sitting in a wheelchair. "Wh-who are you?"

"Me? That woman doesn't do anything, does she? Poor Georgie," he sighed, "I don't know how he manages." The elder paused and stared at Harry. "Well, boy, you gonna open the door or what?"

Harry apologized before opening the door and letting the old man inside. He got a better look. The man has almost no hair, just a few stand sticking to the back of his head, his nose is a little crooked, one of his eyebrows is smaller than the others, and the most notable feature about him is the massive scar on his neck. It was shaped like a hand, seemingly like someone had strangled him when he was young.