Chapter 5: The Journey Home

The sun rose signalling a new dawn in Gresit. It's been a few days since that fateful night has ended and the night creatures dead and since has begun the clean up of the town.

Maria was currently scratching runes with a knight on the walls of Gresit one on each pillar that holds the wall together. She held her palms out to the rune and her hands glowed casung the rune to glow in turn as it stretched its markings.

"That's the last one." She said as she took a breath.

"Saintess." A villager called.

"Yes, what is it?" She asked as she turned  around to see a crowd of villagers.

"The bodies are ready for you." The bowed.

"Thank you." She said.

As she walked through the town to where the bodies were she passed by some who were traumatized others were crying over their lossed loved ones.

She felt bad, but what could she do. She only hopes that they can stand up again. She walked towards the dead bodies that were covered in in sheets and she stood in between them.

"What is she going to do?" A young child asked.

"Shh! Watch the Saintess dear." The mother said shushing her child.

"Oh Father." Maria started as she held her hands together in a prayer and underneath her feet, white light submerged the land under the dead in light.

"Good Lord!"

"The light of God!"

"Saintess!"

"Here me father. I know it has been long since I last prayed to you, but I'm praying to ask for your help. Your children's souls are lost guide them into your arms and judge them not for what they have committed, but what they have achieved in this life worthy of your forgiveness." She prayed in a whisper. And just like that the bodies began to disappear into specks of light floating into the sky where an opening was made for passage.

Once it was over Maria panted heavily.

"Saintess, where did you take them?" The child asked as she walked towards Maria.

"I granted them...passage into heaven...God will take care of them there." She said.

"Even my Daddy?" The little child asked.

"Yes, even your Daddy." She said putting her hand on the child's head.

"Thank you....Thank you so much Saintess." The Mother of the child said as she kneeled at Maria's feet.

"Oh so you're...doing that please you do not need to do that." Maria said surprised and feeling really awkward.

"Thank you."

"Yes, thank you."

"Thank you."

"Praise the Saintess."

"Oh no please all of you get up." Maria tried to speak but her voice was drowned out by the grateful voices of Gresit.

****

Elsewhere in a broken home. Alucard sat on the dirt, using a stick to draw in the sand.

"Alucard they called me. The opposite of you." He said as he drew a picture of Dracula but he soon glared just as he had finished. He then started to draw a picture of his mother.

"Mother never liked that, did you know that, she hated the idea I might define myself by you. Even in opposition to you. She loved as both, enough that she wanted us to he our own people, living our own lives...making our own choices. And so here I am...choosing to honor my mother by killing my father. No longer Adrien Tepes. Choosing to be Alucard of Wallachia, the name of my mother's people...I'm sorry mother." He said as he destroyed the picture of his father and a tear fell as he looked at his mother. He soon heard footsteps of three and he looked towards them.