Chapter 6: Old Homes

They walked through the home that once was the Belmont's. Walking through fallen pillars and broken windows and flowers that grew along the broken walls.

"This was your home?" Sypha asked.

"Yeah." Trevor said.

Each were followed by a small ball of light made by Maria as they walked through.

"Oh!" She yelped as she accidently tripped on a vine, she then felt herself get caught in a pair of arms.

"I've got you." Trevor said.

"Uh...thank you." She blushed slightly at their closeness. He put her back on her feet and they continued to follow Trevor through the house.

"You grew up here?" Sypha asked.

"Yeah." Trevor said.

"I can't imagine what it was like to grow up in a single place." Sypha said.

"What was it like?" Maria asked.

"It was...it was fine. Wasn't the worst way to grow up." He said as he dusted off some dirt from the floor.

"How old were you when your home was taken?" Alucard asked.

"13, 14, something like that." Trevor said.

"You've been on your own since you were 13?" Sypha asked.

"Maybe 11. Who remembers that sort of thing?" Trevor said as he chuckled lightly.

"12." Alucard said.

"Is there a point to these questions?" Trevor asked.

"I'm disturbed to find that I had more of a childhood than you did." Alucard said.

"And your dad's fucking Dracula." Trevor said and there was a small pause then they started laughing.

"What?" Trevor asked then joining in.

"I wonder what having parent's must've been like..." Maria muttered as she looked around. She believed that no one heard her, but Alucard did.

They went back to searching and Trevor found a golden hearthstone on the floor under a pile of rubble.

"I think this is it." He said and the others came towads him to see.

"Your hidden entrance looks like a heartstone." Alucard said.

"Just help me clear it." Trevor sighed as he removed a piece of the rubble. Alucard started to grab and throw the pieces as though they were nothing out of the way to be cleared.

"Well that's some convenience." Maria said as they watched the rubble fly.

"Congratulations. You have just discovered a big piece of stone." Alucard said.

"It's the door." Trevor said.

"Do we lift it or...?" Sypha asked. Alucard grabbed a corber of the dtone and tried to lift.

"That's odd. I don't seem to be able to get a purchase on it." He said.

"Well this is interesting..." Maria said as her eyes trailed over the markings over the stone. "...you're not gonna be able to lift it." She said.

"Well, my family got it up somehow. I was taken down there as a child." Trevor said.

"Did you see them lift it?" Sypha asked as Maria slide her fingers over every marking. Processing them, scanning them, remembering them.

"No, they brought me through it once it was open. They told me they'd teach me how to do it one day. I supposed there was a special trick." He said.

"Not to be rude or anything but were your parents magicians or did anyone from your family possess magical qualities?" Maria asked.