Chapter 9: For Love

Inside the castle the vampire generals as well as Dracula's warriors were fighting against the remaining forces belonging to Carmilla.

However, they all froze when they sensed a presence by the open doors where Alucard, Maria, Sypha and Trevor stood with pride.

"No, please continue trying to kill each other and save us the trouble!"

And of course Maria had to ruin the moment of solemnity.

"Do not antagonize the room full of vampires." Trevor sighed.

"Sorry, I got nervous and it kinda came out." She said sheepishly.

"I terrify them. Sypha disorients them. Alucard and Maria go over the top and we support them." Trevor said.

"Yes." Sypha said.

"Roger that...though I resent being thrown into the front lines." Maria said, pulling out her guns.

Alucard's sword hovers in front of him and he unsheaths the blade and has it point towards their enemies.

"Begin." He said calmly and Sypha and Trevor ran forward but the other vampires came to a sort of agreement and charged towards them.

Trevor used the Morning Star to attack vampires as it tore right through them and made them explode in a ball of fire from the back Maria supported as she shot at them from a safe distance and gave Sypha and Trevor space to do their work.

Sypha finished forming her spell and she created a wall of fire that blocked the vampires from approaching.

Alucard ran forward and jumped through the flames while Maria flew over them and once she was over she didn't waste a second and began firing at vampires that caught her eye. Alucard turned into a wolf as his sword accompanied him as he tore through other vampires with his jaws.

While Maria shot a vampire at close range she couldn't help but wonder if their blood was as distasteful as their faces.

"Seriously, would it kill you to tan!" Maria exclaimed. "Actually it would...nevermind." She shrugged and ducked as a vampire swiped at her and she kicked his legs from under him before she shot him in the chest and promptly jumped back as the fellow exploded.

Alucard growled as he went against a vampire who wielded a spear. The vampire aimed at Alucard but he jumped as he dove towards the vampire. He maneuvered his spear and jabbed towards Alucard but his eyes glinted summoning forth his sword that sliced through his arm, Alucard caught the sword and threw it lodging it through the vampires neck and he turned back as he landed and called forth his sword once mare and ran into the frey and fought alongside Maria as they moved in sync as though they were dancing together.

Sypha brought forth ice spikes from the ground and formed them into the circle and Trevor prepped Morning Star and got ready to attack.

Sypha let go of the flame walls and the vampires charged. She let her ice loose into the air as they pierced the incoming vampires.

Two of Dracula's generals made it through and charged at the pair. The two looked towards each other and separated to face one of the two generals.

Sypha attacked the Arabian general and she used her ice to defend. When she used her last spike the general tried to attack but she created a spike that instantly shot up and almost pierced his head if he did not pay attention. She stretched the ice and he flipped back and he jumped landing on the thin wall of ice and ran forward but he was sliced in half as Sypha raised the very ice he ran upon.

Trevor fought against the Romanian general as he swung his spear, both seemed matched as they avoided or parried their attacks.

Trevor used the Romanians' parry to wrap Moring Star around him and he tugged on it restraining the generals movement leaving the tip burning with red making the vampire pale. Using his sword he jammed the end into the general's mouth and he kicked him and as he fell, his face bubbled and he exploded taking the other vampires around him with him.