Chapter 10: End Times

The battle was over Dracula was defeated and the world was safe, now all that was left is the dilapidated castle of the King of Darkness.

Maria decided to explore the castle, scrolling the books that lined the shelves as well as picking up books from the floor and skimming through their contents before placing them back in the shelf.

She walked towards the large telescope by the window and curiously looked through the little glass in front of her and she gasped when she saw the stars and what appears to be a planet.

"Incredible." She muttered.

"So much like the engines and things we saw under Gresit." Sypha said.

"Alucard must have learned it all at his daddy's knee." Trevor said as they walked down the room.

"It's incredible really. It is so much knowledge held in one place." Maria said.

"It's the true science. My people heard the stories, but didn't quite hold on to the truth of them." Sypha said.

"Less damage than I would have thought." Trevor said as he looked around.

"Well we did put this place through the explosion. Magic and utter mayhem oh and let's not forget the other vampires who were invading the place." Maria hummed.

"How did you know that?" Trevor asked.

"I'm just going out on a limb because I noticed the vampires in white, they don't really go with Dracula's aesthetic." She said. 

"True, but that little room he showed us." Trevor said.

"Yes. The engine room that moves the castle. I cannot imagine how that worked." Sypha said.

"Well, it doesn't work anymore." Trevor said.

"Yeah, especially now since you melted it." Maria shrugged as they returned to the foyer.

"I didn't melt anything." Sypha said. "It must've been straining against the spell." 

"But it's…melted." Maria said as she quirked her brow. They birds caught their attention but Sypha was quick to look sullen.

"What do you think he's going to do now?" She asked.

"I had a plan, you know." Alucard said as he walked the stairs. "I was going back to Gresit…return to my vault…go back to sleep."

"But?" Trevor questioned with a raised brow.

"If I leave the castle here…all his work is inside it. His libraries, his materials, his knowledge. What happens to all that if the structure is abandoned? I can't just leave it here. It'd be nothing but a grave to be robbed. So…let it be my grave." He said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa pump the brakes buster you can't be serious?!" Maria exclaimed.

"But I am." He said.

"No, absolutely not, no way, No!" She said.

"No?" He questioned.

"No. We can't move this thing." She said. 

"Sypha broke it." Trevor said flatly.

"I did not." She argued.

"Tell that to the melted cogs." Marua sassed.

"I do not break things." She said.

"You kinda did." Alucard said.

"So we agreed she broke it." Trevor said.