Chapter 1, A tea party with oneself

The magic lies everywhere, it's hidden in plain sight.

The young witch felt recently very depressed. Nothing goes as she plans. Her goals aren't near the finish line, the journey is slow and life got very lonely recently.

With a heavy sigh, Sybil gets up from her bed and starts to head towards the curtains. The sun rays always feel lovely in the morning. Such a gentle thing. The sun sends you a tiny give of warmth so your day feels good. Who doesn't like a warm hug? Even if that someone is a star.

The girl turns on her heel and grabs the blanket. Fold it once, fold it twice and once again, that's it. The blanket is sitting on the chair. Moving the teddy aside, fixing the sheet and the pillow, everything is done once the blanket joins the other elements.

Next target is the bathroom. One's self-esteem will always be improved by their care. One two, one two, the teeth are brushed right away.

Sybil doesn't grab the hair brush yet. She never knows what she wants to do with her hair. Her clothes decide the hairstyle because her clothes will be decided by how she feels.

Magical feelings, sometimes you control them, other times they control you.

On such a warm summer day, overalls are a perfect choice if matched with a lovely t-shirt.

Once her hair is in 2 piggy tails, Sybil goes to her kitchen.

"Hmm..." humming an i-don't-know song, she grabs some muffins and chocolate spread. A beautiful day for a tea party.

The chirping of the birds is beautifully accompanied by the almost ghost sound of the boiling water.

Moving around the tiny kitchen, a stove, a sink and a tiny table make most of the room. The fridge takes all the free space there is, but there's some excitement in having a small space. You feel like you belong there just perfectly. That's what Sybil thinks of herself. Opening the big cabinet that's above the sink, she scans all the boxes and the bags. Pouting a bit, she starts mumbling, "Black tea for repelling negative emotions, seems like a fitted choice."

Black tea is seen as a magic repeal for negativity, it brings stability and it always managed to make witches feel more empowered with their feminine energy. A warm cup of tea will warm even the iciest souls.

The plate of blueberry muffins and a tiny jar of chocolate spread, one of the few processed things Sybil indulges in, are placed on the table. In less than a moment, she returns to the kitchen. The water is no more quiet as it was before so she needs to choose her cup.

Tiny every day choices make your day more special, that's the magic of the moment, the ethereal beauty of our own making. In the back of a shelf, there's a tiny tea cup. Beige and brown, with a delicate rose on it, that's perfect for when you want to feel special.

With a slight nod, more for herself than for anyone else, Sybil takes the cup and her glass teapot, already filled with the water and the leaves.

Her table is now ready.

Sitting down on the black metal chair, she takes a muffin and covers the top of it with chocolate.

She made the blueberry muffins the previous day. Blueberries are meant to symbolize inner peace and satisfaction in life. Such a lovely berry, especially in sweets.

Mindlessly, the witch munches the muffins. When there's no more, she takes the tea cup in her hands. Once burning hot, now the porcelain feels just the right temperature.

The heat gives off the sensation of calm and safety. The black tea aroma offers a feeling of contentment and understanding. Feeling finally at peace with herself, Sybil looks at the rays of sunshine that come through the window. It feels so nice to see shining lines on the walls and aiming at the floor.

Slowly, she extends her feet to touch one of the rays.

Right now, with the warmth of the sun and the comforting feeling of the tea cup, everything feels alright for the witch. She sees that she's always a part of the world, always have been one. The birds chirp every morning, even if it's the same song as yesterday. The sun comes again and again to give hugs to everyone, regardless of how aware they are of its gesture and the silence is there to comfort her, to offer a moment of peace; rather than make her feel alone.

With another sip, she finished her brew.

The magic of her tea and blueberries seems to have done a miracle. A small smile blossomed on her face. The ethereal feeling of realizing that there are magical things around you, such a wonderful epiphany.