Chapter 3, Inside a Witch's House

Somewhere in the heart of the city, there's a building and in that building, a witch lives on the first floor.

When you open her door, the sweet smell of lavender, roses or white lilies will come over you. You never know what to expect from her; what scents she might use for her house.

Once you pass an almost empty hall, except for the jackets near the big mirror, you enter a simple room. That's when you can see what the owner treasures most. A house is nothing but the reflection of your own soul. Every act, every decision, they all give you away to others and there's no greater traitor than your shelter, the place where you keep all your tiny precious things.

On the small shelves near the door you can see 3 boxes with tiny trinkets. Who doesn't keep small gifts from friends? Candles, toys, key chains and self-care products, all important treasures for one's heart if the giver is someone of great value.

The bigger shelves facing the small ones have a bigger box and many books. A reader lives here.
If you'd take a book out, you'd see tiny pieces of the witch's soul in them. Some have highlighted parts, others have sticky notes, a few have been perfumed and a handful are waiting to be opened and offer a new adventure for their owner.

Never assume the reading habit of a witch, especially this one. Unlike many, she doesn't keep books for long. A great story deserves to be shared and so does she do. Whenever a book makes her think of someone in particular, she gifts the book and a small part of her soul with it.

Near the end of the shelves, a few tea boxes can be found. Warm beverages heat your hands and soul, a special kind of magic, don't you think?

Unlike coffee, tea is a bigger world. You can find all sorts of funny combinations.

The witch's collection contains a box of green tea, the only simple aroma because the rest of the boxes have titles like "almond and marzipan", a tiny jar behind has a label that says "magic potion". All teas are magic potions in the end. This one is black tea with rhubarb and strawberry. A lovely gift, from a thoughtful friend.  Some fallen out tiny pack has written "white fantasy" on it and almost unreadable, underneath it, it's saying "green tea and berries". You never know what to expect from her tea boxes.

On the table underneath the shelves, a lonely pack of tiramisu tea waits to be placed back with the others.

Today, the witch decided to try this tea. Her blue cup with white snowflakes is waiting, untouched and almost cold.

A little bit to the left, a big lavender candle is burning.

As you can see, the witch doesn't own many things but they're all in their place... Usually. Everyone has a messy time every once in a while.

The other 2 things left are a wardrobe and a bed. On this bed, a girl is sitting and reading a book. She forgot her tea long ago, a good story has that sort of power, to make you forget the world.

She's the witch, Sybil.

The room nearby is the kitchen. A small room where everything has a place of it's own.

The house of this witch is very simple and small.

You might wonder, why is she a witch though? We've seen no cauldron, no jars with funny eyes or any complex sigils. What makes a witch, a witch?

Long time ago, in a book she forgot the name of already, Sybil read how witches treasure everything. The silence of a room, the light of the sun, the power of the food given by the nature and all the spirits that live in this world. And they aren't few either.  Sybil believes that everything has an energy of it's own and this thought in particular delights her in her lonely days. To think her house is full of tiny fairies and fuzzy balls of energy because they belong to a book, a teddy bear or a dress, it makes her feel happy.
One on hand, she's not lonely but on the other hand, these energies decided to stay with her.

Sybil is a witch because she decided to see the magic of the world.
The world can make us feel like we don't belong because we've never fitted somewhere entirely but that means we fit in several places. This view, makes Sybil look at everything around her as special but also telling. What things you own, why you own them, how you store them, they all say a thing about you.

At the end of the day, everything has a story of its own.