S3 E5: First Scissor Master Found!

After the events of your fight with Inumuta, the rest of the drive was a breeze. Driving through a path in the forest soon has you all stop in an open field.

Xenovia: Looks like this is as far as we can go.

(Y/N): That's fine. I have to gone alone anyway right?

Sona: Correct. We'll be here doing our own training. Don't give the master any problems.

(Y/N): Hey, like I give problems. Anyway, I'll be back after I talk with them.

You exit the RV and stretch.

(Y/N): Alright. Where should we be heading?

Senketsu: {I'm sending high readings of energy coming from your left. If we head deeper, I could probably pick up on it better.}

(Y/N): Then let's get going!

You begin to run in that direction. You run for a while before you stop and lean backwards as a blade flew past your face.

(Y/N): The hell was that?!

Senketsu: {Hmmm.....It would make sense if the area was trapped. To prove you worthy.}

(Y/N): Well, I'll show them that I am worthy!

You kick off into a sprint. You extend your Scissor into Decapitation Mode and cut through a net that appeared infront of you. You then jump over a pitfall and use your blade the keep yourself in the air a bit longer to dodge a wire that was sweeping the ground. You laugh to yourself as you keep running. Nothing is gonna stop you now-

Senketsu: {Watch out!}

You quickly dig your heels into the ground just before you go off the side of a cliff. Although, your not able to keep your balance as you go sliding down.

(Y/N): Senkets! A little help here!

Senketsu: {I'm on it!}

He changes so he can cover you in his fabric before becoming a ball. He kept rolling for a while, gradually picking up speed, before suddenly hitting something. He rolls backwards a little before turning back to normal.
(Y/N): You alright dude?

Senketsu: {Dizzy....not....doing that again....I think im gonna hurl.}

(Y/N): Hey! Not on me! At least get off before-

???: Ah, your already here. I thought it would take longer.

You quit your talking and look around you. That's when you notice the mansion that Senketsu hit.

(Y/N): Wait...this has to be the place.

???: Correct you are. Although, I didn't expect to get a loud student.

You look to the door to see that it's open, but don't see anyone.

???: Look lower.

You do so, seeing a.....small child?

small child?

(Y/N): Uhhh....

???: What? Never seen someone so short before? Well, if your going to be rude, the you might as well leave.

(Y/N): N-no no no no no. It wasn't that. I just.....uhh.....Umm.

???: Is it because I look like a child?

(Y/N): W-well I wasn't going to say that And-

???: I'll have you know that I was created this way. I didn't get a choice. Now then, come in. Better to talk inside.

You follow them in. Looking around, the place is quite fancy for being abandoned.

(Y/N): I was told that your here because I'm your successor. If it's only you, then how is this place-

???: Well kept? Because it's like this while I'm here. Now then, your name is (Y/N) correct? And that is Senketsu.

(Y/N): Yeah. Who are you.

Souseiseki: I am Souseiseki. I am the 5th Scissor Master.

(Y/N): Fifth? How many are there?

Souseiseki: That's for you to find out. I'll only tell you the location of the next master if you can not only master my teachings, but have Senketsu reach greater heights.

(Y/N): Alright. So, what can you teach me?

Souseiseki: That can wait. There's no rush. I enjoy my time living. Now then, why don't we have some tea? Then, you can catch me up on what you've been doing before coming here.

(Y/N): Oh, sure. Guess it wouldn't hurt.

---------------------------------------------------------
Koneko POV
---------------------------------------------------------

After we all set up, I sat on the roof of the RV and called Rias to inform her that we made it and give some information on that Inumuta fellow. I managed to grab that torn piece of his outfit before we had left. Maybe I can use this. My gloves won't help keep up with (Y/N).......Maybe I can take another route. I'm a Rook after all, offense isn't the only thing im good at. Maybe I could be the defender of the team. Yeah, (Y/N) has Twilight Healing, but having her get out of the fight to heal one of us wouldn't be ideal if it seems like everyone is after her head. I can heal too after all. It's not too strong right now....but maybe this is my time to be the protector and not the protected.

I grip the fabric tighter in my hand as I see it glow. I look and see that it turned white and somewhat rough. When gripping it again, it actually turned to metal......And that gives me an idea.

---------------------------------------------------------
Sona POV
---------------------------------------------------------

I leaned against the side of the RV as I watched Irina and Xenovia spar. That bridge battle had me worried. I didn't know if (Y/N) would be alright. But, she always finds a way to overcome her opponents. At least that's something I can say about that situation. If only I didn't tire myself out. I need to get better with my Ice Magic. Sis entrusted the Leviathan power to me to protect. I have to master it. And I can't let some exhaustion stop me.

I held out my hand and made a ball of ice. It was small, but it could be better. I'll need alot more training.

---------------------------------------------------------
Xenovia POV
---------------------------------------------------------

I block Irina's swing with my blade before pushing her back a bit.

Irina: Not bad! But, you can get better.

Xenovia: Same can be said for you. Just like always, you haven't made me bring out Durandal.

Irina: Oh hush! Just you watch! I'll make you use it this time!

I chuckle before clashing blades with her again. We need to get stronger. That guy from before...... he's definitely no joke. We need to find those Excalibur pieces. And fast. With then, I'll be able to improve Durandal and make it stronger. But, I'll never be able to reach that point of even being able to hold it if I'm not strong enough. I'll be able to protect her. Protect Irina. Protect her from the rest of this world. And I'll make sure of it.