Context

Hello! Before you start reading just a couple of things to keep in mind. This fanfic heavily references the BotCon table read of Bee in the City so if you haven't seen it you might be a bit confused. It's not that important in order to understand what's going on, but I want everyone to know I didn't come up with the B.U.T.T myself. I'm not a weirdo.

Another thing is that this fanfic takes place during Season 3 of both shows. I want to try to keep as faithful to canon as possible but I might slip up here and there. Also, this story is available on Archive of Our Own.

This takes place right after Transformers Prime Season 3 Episode 6 - Chain of Command and the Transformers Animated Season 3 Episode 3 - Transwarped Part 3. 

The basic rundown of the end of the TFP episode: Starscream gets the Predacon bone but loses the Apex Amor to Miko, who then beats the snot out of him with the armor. Wheeljack drives off into the Scotland sunset and Bulkhead remarks that Wheeljack "just broke up the band".

The basic rundown of the end of the TFA episode: Starscream and Megatron are inside of an offline, but not dead, Omega Supreme and are transwarping around space uncontrollably.  The Autobots know that Longarm Prime is Shockwave in disguise, but have no way of contacting Cybertron to inform them.