Chapter 13: Spider-Lady Hunt

They'd spent the morning disassembling the space bridge. It was a shame, Prowl thought, to take apart the project they'd spent weeks on but it was for the greater good.

It had been 5 days since the Bi-Directional Unified Transport Terminal incident. By now, they'd developed some semblance of a routine. In the morning, the group disassembled the space bridge. By the afternoon, two bots went on patrol. At night, they returned to the base to make space for the ground bridge before breaking off to rest and do the exact same thing the following day. It was exhausting but effective. Prowl hoped their hard work would pay off soon.

Currently, Prowl and Bulkhead accompanied Prime through the city as he hauled the space bridge parts back to their base. Prowl drove in front of the truck while Bulkhead was in the lane beside them.

"Christmas is coming," Bulkhead noted as he, Prowl, and Optimus Prime sped down the highway. They passed by decorated storefronts, festive automatons, and a few repainted lamposts. The expected winter chill had set in too. It was bound to snow any day now.

"It's only November..." Prowl pointed out, his human hologram frowning slightly as they passed the various festive winter holiday decorations. The obnoxious Christmas music would follow soon, the one aspect of the holiday Prowl dreaded.

Sari would've already been raving about what presents she wanted and how they should decorate the base.

"Miko goes back to Japan during this time of the year." Bulkhead relays with some melancholy. He mentioned his human companion at least four times a day, just as much as he mentioned Wheeljack. "She mostly talks about all of the food she eats and her family's embarrassing drama."

Prime watched their surroundings with fondness. "Humans tend to become friendlier during this time of the year. The winter holidays cause them to think about showing kindness to others."

He was quickly proven wrong.

An incoming call rang to both Prowl's and Prime's communication channels. Captain Fanzone's voice filtered through the channel a few decibels too high. "Prime! Those Dinobots made it off their island and are tearing up Charpen Street! Think you tin cans can take a break from your construction project and help us out?!"

"The Dinobots? What are they doing here?" Optimus asked, his voice raising an octave in shock.

Bulkhead's headlights flashed in surprise. He shouted incredulously, "The Dinobots?! Here?"

Captain Fanzone kept going. "I don't know but you need to come stop them! The triceratops just ate a sedan. Ugh, this is why I hate- put that down, you overgrown lizard!" The line abruptly went dead.

Prowl groaned while Optimus sighed. Charpen Street wasn't far and they immediately knew the route to take. The two bots turned on their sirens in unison.

"What's going on?" Bulkhead asked, ignorant of the call the other Autobots just received.

"That was Captain Fanzone of the Detroit Police Department. The Dinobots are in the city causing havoc. Ugh, I don't even know how they made it off their island. And why would they come here? They hate the city!"

Prowl, as usual, took the Dinobots' side. He moved into Bulkhead's lane and began to drive parallel with the Prime. He firmly reasoned, "Dinobot Island is their home. They would never leave unless it's something important."

"If the Dinobots are on Earth, why aren't they with you at the base? What, did they defect?" Bulkhead asked.

"They're not Autobots. The Dinobots were created here about a year ago. They used to be dinosaur animatronics before they were infused with Allspark energy." Optimus explained quickly. "They're on the nearby island for their protection and everyone else's. The Dinobots are territorial and brash, but they're young and very impressionable. All it takes is the right person, and the Dinobots are the pawns in someone else's game."