Chapter 6: Comparisons

After their quick departure from the base, Miko spent the first 5 minutes ranting about the encounter between June and the strange bot posing as Ratchet. Wheeljack had barely paid attention to her words, too caught up in his own thoughts to pay attention to her. Today had been a particularly taxing one, from the Predacon bone hunt to the ground bridge malfunction. The more he thought about it, the larger the pit in his fuel tank grew. The feeling in his fuel tank had been slowly growing for the past few hours and he didn't know how to make it stop.

After Miko was done ranting, they spent most of the ride to Miko's house in silence. All of this was fine for Wheeljack - he didn't feel like talking right now.

Currently, his plan was to drop Miko off and find a distraction from this uncomfortable sensation plaguing him. But, 3 minutes away from their destination, she'd decided to break the silence.

"So, what do you think of those new guys?" Miko asked conversationally.

"I think it's too early to call them 'new guys'. " Wheeljack shot back without missing a beat. A few hours ago, his biggest problems were hunting Predacon bones and dealing with Ultra Magnus. The biggest problem now was the sudden disappearance of his closest friend and two of their teammates. As far as he was concerned the 'new guys' were imposters.

"Okay, so they haven't joined Team Prime and that Ratchet's a jerk but it's not like Prime is gonna turn them away." Miko insisted, sitting up in the seat.

"We don't need two bots and a weird techno-whatever getting in our way. We don't even know if they're trustworthy yet." Wheeljack pointed out. All in all, he thought he was being pretty rational.

Miko, on the other hand, didn't agree."But you saw what happened, Wheeljack! There's no way they're lying about any of this."

"In my experience, ground bridge malfunctions led to explosions, not cross-dimensional travel." He explained dryly. It was ironic that Miko was ready to believe their story when she hadn't been present when the ground bridge malfunctioned, but Wheeljack had seen the entire incident and was still skeptical. "Why are you so eager to trust them, anyway? I thought you'd be more upset about this."

Miko flopped against the seat with a sigh and crossed her arms. "We lost our friends so of course I'm upset! But I'm also... I don't know...Ratchet, Bulkhead, and that half-Cybertronian girl admitted it was an experiment gone wrong. They know more than we do, so that means they're the only way we can find Bulkhead, Jack, and Ratchet."

He snorted. "You decided all of that fast. When we left, you were ranting about Ratchet. Now, you're ready to be buddy-buddy with them?"

"Who doesn't wanna be friends with a girl with blasters in her hand?! But those two bots back at base aren't gonna replace our friends. They're only gonna be here until we can get our two bots back."

Wheeljack snorted. "This isn't some exchange program."

"I'm gonna treat it like one, cause this isn't permanent. We're gonna fix everything and that trio of dimension travelers are gonna help us."

The Wrecker finally arrived in front of Miko's house. He said nothing as he parked next to the curb. He didn't want to argue with her and point out that this may be a permanent arrangement, but he also didn't want to consider that a possibility.

Deep down, he knew Miko was right about their usefulness. The strange trio knew more about crossing dimensions than anyone on Team Prime. Their knowledge and willingness to help was more important than Wheeljack's skepticism- but only slightly more important.

That being said, the Wrecker would rather take a Lobbing ball to the face than admit any of that.

He would be guarded and suspicious until he deemed them trustworthy. After all, there was still a chance they were bad news. And if they did happen to turn on Team Prime, Wheeljack would be there with a readied blaster and a smug "I Told You So".