eighteen

BITCH IM OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE

HOLD ON
HOW DO YOU TIE A TIE
IVE BEEN TRYING FOR FIVE MINUTES

COME OUT
I'LL HELP YOU

OKAY
I HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU BY THE WAY
I FOUND IT AT GOODWILL

oh my god i'm going to cry
what is it

i can't tell you?
it ruins the surprise
also actually my mom found it and sent me a picture because it reminded her of you

YOU TOLD YOUR MOM ABOUT ME?????????????

yes?

GET YOUR ASS OUTSIDE

-

the second corpse opened the door, he was met with a scream.

"YOU TOLD YOUR MOM ABOUT US?????" alexis yelled, making corpse wince as he buckled, clutching his tie in one hand, and a small wrapped box in the other.

"is that not a normal thing? she asked me about how life was going, and you've been in mine recently, so?" he says casually, handing his tie to alexis and leaning over the center console. "tie this for me."

she rolls her eyes, tying it around his neck and slipping it under the collar. "i think it's probably normal. i'm just not used to it. you look nice in a suit, by the way."

corpse blushed a little as alex settled back into her seat and started driving, immediately turning on the music; taylor swift, of course.

"honestly, i underestimated how much taylor swift you really listened to when we first met- wait, is this lover?" he asks, and alex screams.

"YES. IT IS! i knew i'd turn you into a fan one day. I TOLD YOU." she said, yelling as she pulled into the olive garden parking lot. corpse cocked an eye at her.

"i thought you said fancy, alex."

she looked at him blankly. "im a college student corpse. olive garden is as fancy as it gets round here."

he laughs at her as she gets out of the car, stumbling over her dress, and quickly opens his door for him. "m'lady."

"i'm not a lady."

"hush up." she responds, locking arms with him and walking into the restaurant. they were severely overdressed; half of the people there were white men in khakis.

she walks up to the woman at the front desk with a smile. "hi, reservations for two? under freddy?"

corpse holds back his laughter as the woman nods, taking them to their table.

as soon as they sit down he laughs loudly. "freddy? seriously?"

she smiles. "what other name would i use? also, do you think they'll let me order off the kids menu?" alex asks in a hushed tone.

he looks her up and down jokingly. "yeah, you look close enough to 12. they won't bat an eye."

in his short glance he finally took in her dress. it was purple, a light satin. she looked gorgeous in it.

"and yet you're in love with me, you pedophile. you should be disappointed in yourself." she teased.

"i never said that."

alex rolled her eyes. "everyone knows you were thinking it. you don't have to lie, its okay."

a waitress walked up to their table, a warm smile on her face. "hey y'all! what can i get you guys started with tonight? any appetizers or drinks?"

corpse went first. "just a water, please. thank you."

"can you make shirley temples? i don't want any alcohol in it or anything, just the shirley temple." alex said, speaking with her hands.

corpse wondered if she knew shirley temples didn't traditionally come with alcohol in them.

"alrighty then. are y'all ready to order then too?" the waitress asked, notepad out. corpse scanned and saw her nametag- elaina.

"can i get a kids spaghetti? with the fruit cup on the side?" alex asked, allowing no shame in the situation. she was already severely overdressed and about to pull out a ring pop. nothing could phase her now.

"gotcha, and you?"

"just the lasagna. thanks." he said, and the waitress walked away. he groaned immediately.

"what? what happened?" alex asked, concern in her eyes.

"i fucking hate ordering. it's so awkward and i always feel like i'm gonna mess it up."

she laughs. "you got lasagna, how do you mess that up?"

corpse shrugs. alex's eyes light up.

"i think it's time. are you ready?" she asks, a grin on her face.

he sighs and nods.

she stands up, before reaching into the pocket on her dress and pulling out a ringpop package, quickly ripping it open. she sinks down to one knee.

"freddy, will you make me the happiest woman alive and be my boyfriend?"

shock spreads across his features. "alexis what the fuck, you weren't supposed to ask that."

"i just did. now answer, there's only like 20 people staring at you right now. don't feel pressured though." she rushes out, making him laugh.

"yes, alex. yes. i'll be your boyfriend. now get your ass back up, people are staring." he says, and applause surrounds him. "this was the worst idea you've ever had. you are literally so dumb."

she grins goofily. "it worked, didn't it?"