Chapter 2.1 - The Other Dimension

Chapter 2 – The Other Dimension

-

"We need you."

A mystery just presented itself.

"Excuse me?"

The man twirled around to look behind him and then back at Keir. He side-stepped, offering his previous spot as an entryway.

A slight twitch found itself up her eyebrows. "Really?"

His shoulders rose then fell.

The clouded sky revealed the moon; its shine provided more light. But, the dark clouds in the night sky kept hovering under it in turns.

"Alright."

Keir walked ahead of the man one would deem a weird cosplayer if it weren't for the events a few moments ago.

She stopped and turned to face him. "Now, please elaborate."

White flurries surfaced from one side, leaves of red and orange deciding to join the dance. They swirled around the direction of the stranger more than Keir's side. His dark silver cloak swaying past revealed his coal-black trousers and a matching pair of boots.

The moon shines over them slightly, illuminating his tricolored eyes that seemed to continue sending an unknown message whenever Keir stared.

An unusual sight. "The dimension I came from needs your aid."

Keir sighed, "I said, elaborate."

He turned on his back. "Then, we shall discuss more of this somewhere else."

The moonlight kept coming back and forth because the clouds constantly moved under and away from it. "Can't you tell me right now?"

He stopped walking and peeked.

"I would if I could, don't you think?"

"And why couldn't you?"

"This is a public space."

"It's evening. No one's here."

The breeze blowing from behind Keir accompanied the air of tension. She made a valid point, so why is he still not saying anything?

His cloak twirled as he turned to walk once again. "Someone may come."

Keir raised her right arm, fingers reaching out a bit, and her mouth left agape. But, the back of his cloak was what remained in her vision.

"Fine."

The man immediately turned his head to the left. The moon's white light rendered strands of rich black that bounced and danced sparkling as they ran past him, almost making contact with his face.

Keir stopped and turned to meet his gaze. "Let's go to my apartment."

-

The door clicked; it's locked now.

The stranger leaned against the beige walls beside another door, whose name and background—unknown.

If he hadn't saved her earlier, Keir doubted she'd let him in her private space. Then again, he did say they need her help?

"Speak."

His headcover fell to his nape, revealing his long pitch-black hair; one finger rubbed his forehead. With a sigh, he turned his face towards the owner of the small place, who proceeded to sit on the arm of a worn-out brown couch.

"Staile—the dimension I came from—has been facing a crisis for more than two weeks now." He crossed his arms. "The royal family's heirloom—an enchanting stone—was stolen one night, and according to our tracking device—we call a Naisa—someone hid and sealed it in a maze."