Chapter 12.3 - The Secret of The Enchanting Stone

Chapter 12 – The Secret of The Enchanting Stone

-

"Aziel!"

Aziel closed the portal behind him and nodded his head at the woman who stood up from her seat behind a desk. Aziel blinked around for a bit, and this room barely changed. It still had those same pop star posters and shelves piled with albums she used to talk about when she was a child.

He bowed his head, "I'm sorry I came a bit late. It should've been days ago, wasn't it?"

The older woman took her handbag on her colorful bed and faced him, a wrinkled smile playing on her dried lips.

"Did you wait long?"

"I indeed waited here every day since last week."

"I'm... really sorry, Ms. Dennison. There were some changes in the initial plan."

She hummed, her eyes glancing at the supernatural-looking woman in his arms. "It's alright, Aziel. Do you want to talk about it?" Aziel smiled for a second and shrugged.

"Well, it had something to do with the fact that I... I didn't think it'd be tough and challenging to part with the place I called home."

She nodded her head in understanding, "I get what you mean. It's the same for me with this room. It's still hard for me to stop coming here and recalling my childhood memories."

My childhood...

"Also, because this was where you first showed up and proved to me that you truly were from a different dimension." She winked.

A tiny smile found its way to his lips. "So, about my request months ago—years ago? Sorry, I still can't get used to the odd time differences between here and Staile." Aziel cast a portal with one hand and led her inside, a small magic circle for the directory appearing on his open palm afterward.

"It's not far. Just around, hmm...." Aziel twisted and turned to check in the corners of the street. "That building. To the second floor, yes. Go straight and stop. That room—room 20."

After the woman's confirmation, a portal appeared in front of them inside the space between portals. Upon entry, they found themselves in a cozy, warm-toned hallway of an apartment building.

Ms. Dennison took out the keys and opened the door ahead. Keys...

Oh, this wasn't such a bad idea after all. By having Era stay here for the time being while he goes back to act like a responsible being, she will become accustomed to everything in this world.

Their advanced technology compared to Staile, the foreign and exotic education styles, entertainment, lifestyle, nature, and people.

With this, they could settle in quickly once ready to completely cut ties with Staile. With the gene manipulation spell he's recently mastered, he could alter their natural features to become similar to the singular race of this world.

It wasn't that bad of an idea after all.

"As promised decades ago, I've succeeded my father's apartment business and has prepared this room for you and your beloved."

Aziel carefully stepped in, ensuring Era won't bump into the doorframe too much. He walked around, eyes glazing a bit at the whole place.

It's nothing like he's ever seen before. So many unknown devices flooded the place with screens that seemed to mirror him when he walked past them.

"That one is a flat-screen TV, similar to the tiny one I had in my old room. And those beside the bed... As you referred to them before, those standing fireflies are lamps."