Chapter 3

Devons Pov:

When I walk into the principals office my eyes widen.

Since when is Claire's uncle the principal?

"Oh hello, Devon. It's nice to see you're back." Ryan says with a smile.

Claire's family never really liked me. I guess it's because they're like the riches couple in this town and everyone loves and respects them. Compared to them I'm nothing.

Ryan is pretty much the only one who I know likes me. We were really good friends actually.

"Yeah, it's great to be back." I mutter shyly.

"Can I hug you?" He asks while getting up and I smile while walking over to him and hugging him.

We hug for a few seconds before pulling away.

"You're probably here for your schedule, right?" Ryan asks and I nod slowly.

"I made sure you have some classes with Kim." He says as he hands me my schedule, which makes me smile.

"Thank you. Really." I reply and he smiles as well.

But then he starts to smirk. "Also with Claire." He adds, making me blush deeply.

"You're just as bad as my mom's!" I whine embarrassedly and he laughs at that.

"Well..we're friends, so of course we talk about it." Ryan says with a shrug and a big grin.

Ryan is like best friends with my moms, which is actually really cute. But I didn't even think about it that they'll talk about me..

I groan at that. "See you later." I quickly turn around to leave, making him laugh.

"It's nice to have you back. I missed you." I hear him say, on which I stop.

I look over my shoulder to him. "I missed you too." I respond with a smile.

"Does Claire know you're back?" He asks, which makes me sigh.

"No. No one knows except Kim." I answer while awkwardly scratching my neck.

"She really misses you, you know." Ryan says, making me look down.

"I'm not the person I was four years ago. She misses that person, not me. And she literally broke up our friendship. How am I suppose to feel?" I reply and I hear him sigh.

"You know how I feel about her, Ryan. She has a boyfriend now, I don't know how to handle that." I continue and he walks over to me.

He puts his hands on my shoulders. "I know, Devon. I know you have changed, it's been four years of course you change. And Claire knows that too. But she really misses you." Ryan tells me, which makes me sigh deeply.

"And if I'm honest I don't think that she and Peter are actually something serious. Honestly, I think their parents made them date because of reputation. Claire really doesn't look happy with him. They never even kissed." He adds, making me look up to him.

"I need to find her." I say, so he lets me go.

"Go get her tiger." He says, which makes me laugh.

"God, please stop." I tell him and he chuckles as well.

I then turn around to leave but give him a final smile before walking out.