Chapter 12

Claires Pov:

"Coach wants you to come back to gym. PE is starting." She says and Megan nods.

Devon turns back to leave but Megan stops her. "Devon, wait." She turns back around and closes the door behind her.

"Are you and Chloe really dating?" Megan asks soflty and Devon glances at me for a second before shaking her head.

"No, we're just friends. We hooked up but that's it. We both wanted to get over someone but it clearly didn't work out." She answers with a small chuckle.

Does she want to get over me?

"Look Megan, just talk to Chloe. We talked and she doesn't care if you two are together in public or in secret, she just wants you." Devon tells her, which makes Megan smile a little.

"You both like each other, so get together already. Some people, like me, will never get that chance with the person they like, so use it." She adds and I look down sadly.

I really hurt her..didn't I?

"Devon?" I call her and she slowly looks at me.

"I never thought you slept with Peter. I'll be grounded it I break up with him. But if staying with him means loosing you then I'll take that risk." I tell her and her face slowly starts to soften.

"Claire, no. I don't want you to get in trouble because of me." Devon says while walking closer to me.

"But you shouldn't be with someone you don't want to be." She adds as she stops directly in front of me.

"I'm sorry, Devon. I'm just so scared." I mumble while looking down ashamed.

"I know. Next time just tell me why you do certain things. If you don't tell me it makes me think that your reputation is more important than my feelings and that hurts. But if you would've told me about your parents I would've understood." Devon tells me and then I suddenly feel a hand in mine.

So I quickly look up to find her smiling at me. "If you need someone to talk I'm here. I don't care if it's in public or not." She says and softly squeezes my hand.

"But we should go back to class now." Devon adds before walking out of the bathroom.

I look to Megan and she's already smirking at me. "Don't say anything."

*****

Devons Pov:

"Okay now that everyone is here, let's start." Coach says and then tells us to go into pairs.

"Chloe, you want to pair up?" Megan asks shyly.

"Y-You-" Chloe stops when she nods.

"Yes, of course!" She replies with a big smile, making Megan smile.

Chloe then mouths me a 'sorry' before grabbing a volleyball and walking away with Megan.

"Want to be my partner?" I hear Claire ask, making me quickly turn around to face her.

"Look Claire, you don't need to do this. If you don't want to be my friend then just tell m-"

"Are you kidding me? Maybe I just actually wanted to do this with you." She says annoyed before walking away.

Fuck..