Chapter 4. Clubs and Suspicions

Here you go. 

The club fair in the gymnasium was filled with all sorts of students, ranging from 1st years to 3rd years to school staff. The school staff were busy distributing pamphlets and booklets regarding the club, while the 3rd years were on the stage, each having various outfits and banners.

They were probably the club representatives.

After a few minutes of navigating through the crowds, a female voice could be heard. Turning towards the stage, it was a petite girl with purple hair and eyes.

"Thank you all for your patience. My name is Tachibana Akane and I will be the host of today's club fair!

We will now begin the club fair, with the club representatives coming up to the front of the stage and explaining their club's way of functioning and the advantages of joining. Let's begin the club fair!"

She seemed pretty disciplined and cheerful as she said that. A closer look could also highlight her short height. Extremely short for a senpai.

After the speech, the club representatives started lining up in the front. Tall, buff guys with Judo uniforms and girls wearing beautiful kimonos could be seen. There was no end to the clubs' diversity.

They all had their own different introductions but ended with the line 'Beginners are welcome.', which was understandable, seeing as that the larger a club's population, the bigger its budget would be.

All in all, the clubs were interesting and boring, except for those with top-notch equipment.

Eventually, the rest of the representatives left the stage, leaving behind a single lone senpai.

Tall and athletic, with black hair and glasses, he stood there in silence. Watching the crowd in front of him with a piercing and calculating glance, his eyes sharply analyzed the students.

I was personally interested in knowing his club, but he just stood there in silence with an apathetic face, as some dumb people started mocking him.

"Why so nervous, Senpai?"

"Did you forget your postcards?"

"Hahahahahaha!"

Such comments were hurled at him by the students, some of which had a recognizable voice.

"Look at Horikita two rows behind you, Ayanokouji-kun."

Turning towards the person mentioned by Kuroko, a familiar unsocial girl was standing with a mix of emotions on her face as she stared at the Senpai on the stage. There was some apprehensive, slight fear and for some reason, admiration.

"It seems that she knows the Senpai on the stage?" Tatsuya said, joining in on the conversation.

"Perhaps."

Anyways, the relaxed atmosphere from before had gradually turned to a very tense one, which was felt by all. Not a single student was able to open his mouth. The silence finally got unveiled as the senpai started speaking, his sharp gaze still on the crowd, skirting around.

"I am the student council president. My name is Horikita Manabu." Oh.

They are related then. Maybe siblings or perhaps cousins? Not a good relationship they have, if the look on the younger Horikita's face paints her true feelings.

Looking back at the SCP, an aura of authority radiated out of his posture as he continued speaking with a soft tone.

"The student council is looking to recruit potential candidates among the first years to replace the graduated third years. Although no specific qualifications are required for candidacy, we humbly ask that those considering applications not be involved in other club activities. We generally don't accept students involved elsewhere. A total of 3 students from the first year will enter the council, that is if they qualify for it."