Chapter 9. Speculations and Some Plans

A.N.= Here you go. And read the ending note for my opinion on the first part of this chapter in detail. Because I feel like many people would not share my train of thought.

Quietly stepping out of the room and locking the door, I guided myself towards the direction of the lift. A few meters was all I had to travel to again come to a stop, this time in front of the doors of the lift.

Feet shuffling, I waited for the lift doors to open. Running down the stairs would be a good exercise and a quick way to go down the four floors. But I was neither in a hurry nor was I an exercise freak. I was just a normal high school student waiting for the lift to come down, preoccupied with my own thoughts.

Staring at the door opening for a second, I swiftly entered the lift. Greeting me with a smile, the classmates of mine moved a bit backwards to give me space in the front to stand comfortably.

"Good morning Ayanokouji-kun."

"Good morning." Responding back with a neutral tone, I looked towards the front of the lift, effectively making the situation awkward.

Ignoring the obvious awkwardness in the lift, I lifted the phone from my pocket and unlocked it. Entering the passcode, I navigated towards the apps provided by the school. Or to be more specific, towards the Points balance app.

Ignoring the extremely high private points which had experienced a sharp increase to twice its amount from a week ago, I looked at the two digits in class points.

While 20 class points were low, it was still good from a 0. Not like I needed the extra points but they were good for a charisma boost to the students.

"Has Sensei ever told us how much we will get for the midterms?" Glancing towards the girls behind me curiously, I waited for their answer.

"I don't think she said anything except that we will get points on how we give the exams. Or at least that's all I remember."

"Just as Matsushita-san said, it will depend on the midterm results. I think that the mean marks from our class will be equal to the class points increased." Replying to the question, Miyuki shared her thoughts. Pausing slightly, she added an afterthought. "It's still a theory, though."

Getting out as the lift reached the lowest floor, I continued the conversation. "I have similar thoughts as well which lead to the conclusion that we need to have a high mean score. But knowing this school, there are always risks attached to every method of earning points."

A surprised expression flashing across their faces at my assumption, they followed me out of the lift. Looking around for a bit, the sight of a certain class leader of ours occupied on his phone greeted us.

Falling in step with us as we reached the building exit, he pocketed his phone and directed a question towards us.

"How many points do you think we will lose this month?"

Knowing our class, there's a high chance of losing all the 20 points we received. We don't even know what are the causes of deductions and how much they were deducted. It would be a surprise if we were able to get the 2000 points we had earned.

"We would probably lose all of it and then get some more points due to the exams. Knowing our class, that's the most realistic outcome. "

Nodding thoughtfully at my reasoning, he glanced around as we walked towards the school. Replying back a few seconds later, he provided a lot to think about.

"There's a chance that we might lose points in the exam too. I am pretty sure that there's a high chance of point deduction for failing in exams."

Miyuki, who was listening from beside us till then, expressed her own opinion.