Chapter 6- The library

As they walked into the library Ari heard someone call her name, and turned around.

At a corner of the library, a few tables and chairs stood organized in different groups separated by two-way bookshelf's, making them ideal spaces for study sessions.

She saw Jack sitting by one of the tables, waving his hand towards her. Besides him, she recognized Frank, the Ravenclaw prefect, and two additional students who sat across from the boys, their backs facing where Ari stood.

She looked back at Stella, and pointed towards Jacks's table, signaling that she was going to talk to the group for a moment. Stella smiled and nodded as a reply and walked further into the library, to search for whatever book she came to find.

Ari turned back around and started walking towards the table. "Hey Jack, hi Frank" she greeted them. Jack gave her a big smile in return, his dimples showing. "Hello" Frank answered respectfully and nodded at her.

Ari turned towards the two other students. A fellow Ravenclaw boy with brown hair in a bun, and a black-haired girl of an Asian origin, wearing a red and gold robe. Gryffindor, Ari recalled.

"Victor" the boy with the hair bun introduced himself, with a handshake. Ari told took his hand and told him her name with a smile. She turned towards the Gryffindor girl.

"My girlfriend, Petra" Frank introduced her, gesturing a hand towards her. Ari nodded appreciatively, and smiled at her "Nice to meet you"
"Likewise!" Petra answered and returned the smile as she extender her arms to shake Ari's hand.

"What are you guys studying?" Ari asked, as the group sign in chorus.

"Professor Merrythought already assigned us homework" Jack said frustrated and gave the paper lying on that table in front of him a hateful glare.

"And it's taking ages to look everything up!" Petra exclaimed and gestured towards the mountain of books on the table, that practically towered over them.

Ari read some of the titles 'Defensive Magical Theory', 'Practical Defense Magic And It's Use Against The Dark Arts' and 'Wandering With Werewolves'. She smiled.

"This bloody paper won't let us stop until we write down the right answers either" Victor explained "If we write the right answer the whole question disappears, but if we write the wrong thing, only the answer vanishes, and the question remains!" He groaned.

"Professor Merrythought expect us all to hand in blank pages by tomorrow morning" Frank said absent-mindedly while flipping through one of the books"

Ari grabbed the paper Jack was currently writhing vanishing curse words on, earning an insulted gasp from him.

She read one of the questions and raised her eyebrows towards the gang. "What?" Jack questioned her.

"what spells are used in order to defend yourself against Fire crabs?" She read and gave them a meaningful look "This is information taught in early years, why would you need to look it up?"

Frank snapped his head towards her, visibly irritated "They can't expect us to remember every single lesson we ever had"

Ari was a bit taken aback by his sudden change in attitude, "sorry" she mumbled a little embarrassed, and her eyes fell to the dark wooden floor.

"You know this?" Petra asked, and when Ari lifted her gaze, she saw how Petra was holding a hand in front of Frank's face, as to tell Ari to ignore him.