Chapter 7

The room was silent, staring in awe. There was a brief pause between the two, then the beast started talking again.

"There's no point in trying to run from this, and to make this all the more better. I'm not even your greatest fear. Am I?" His doubled questioned, and confused looks engulfed the students as they turned to each other shocked. Brahnny looked at his watch: 6 minutes had gone by, which meant the poor boy had to suffer another 4 minutes unless he could muster the courage to save himself. Before the professor could provide any words of encouragement, the Boggart started morphing itself into something new. Before Draco even had time to compose himself again, his father appeared before him with a wicked grin and a piercing glare.

"How pathetic." Draco couldn't resist looking into the eyes of the Boggart, the Boggart that now had the face of his father. "How can this worthless, fearful boy be mine?" His father gave a look of disgust before continuing. "If it wasn't for the constant watchfulness of where your mother was all the time, I would swear you couldn't be my son. You can't do anything for yourself, how can you even be half the man I am? You are useless Draco, you always have been." Draco said nothing, he just sat there, wanting to run, wanting to get as far away from here. But he couldn't move. He dared look into his fathers eyes and saw the look of incoming danger, he knew that stare, and he knew what was coming with it.

"Cruico!" Lucius yelled. Draco writhed and screamed on the floor in agony, beads of sweat began to roll down his face and neck and his sides burned in an eternal fire that only his father could bring upon him. With a flick of his wand, Lucius lifted the curse for a brief moment to speak. Draco was panting heavily, tears slowly dripping onto the floor as he was on his knees and his head and arms rested on the floor. His hair was scruffy and his skin had lost a few shades even paler than before.

"Take a look at yourself for example." Lucius continued, "Look at what you did to yourself, to your arms. Yet you're so pathetic, you couldn't even kill yourself. You're a failure! Those scars should remind you everyday of how worthless you are!". Draco was shaking violently as everyone in the room watched in horror. Brahnny looked back down at his watch: 8 minutes and 30 seconds. Time was running too slow, he had to get in there and help the poor blonde boy, who was quaking on the floor, muttering "Father please!".

"Malfoy's do not beg!" Lucius snarled and with a flick of his wand and a green flash, Draco was once again inflicted with the Cruciatus curse. His screams echoed throughout the room, so heartbreaking that some of the students who hadn't already left, were crying into each other's arms. One student had thrown up in the corner of the room. Draco continued to writhe on the floor in agony, his shirt was soaked with sweat, his cloak was long discarded in his previous battle with his double before he got bowled over. Lucius lifted the curse as a menacing evil grin took over his face, as though watching his son in agony was the highlight of his day. Draco panted heavily as his sides ached and he felt as though the blood in his veins was boiling, his skin felt crack and his body was shaking in shock and pain. The Boggart stalked over to Draco and loomed over the small boy who once seemed to loom over others. His father looked disgusted at the sight before him, he lent down to the quivering boy and ripped his shirt of exposing all his scars and bruising.

"Look at yourself!" He screamed at the blonde, "Look at how weak and pathetic and disgusting you are!" Draco was cowering below the tall figure and flinched as he saw him lift his wand, but before he could be inflicted with more pain, Brahnny stepped forward and yelled "Riddikulus!" and the Boggart promptly retreated to the cabinet, not before giving Draco a last terrifying evil glare, giving him shivers down his burnt frail body. Brahnny had been watching the time and jumped in as soon at the timer stuck 10:00 minutes.