Another College Au Pt.1 (Fluff)

Luca Balsa. The smart ass of the school, always showing off his stupid inventions and... being popular with everyone. Edgar leaned his elbow on the desk, resting his chin on his hand. He looked over at Luca, who was surrounded by the other students. He could hear them praising him and asking to see more of his creations.

Fucking show off.

"Nobody ever wants to see my paintings..." he sighed. "I'm not a show off."

A random student appeared behind him and laughed.

"You think so? You are a show off. Luca's inventions are much cooler than your stupid ass paintings."

He walked off, back towards Luca. The circle around him was big, much bigger than Edgar expected. Luca is usually the type to want to be alone, sitting in the library. He doesn't study though, he's too smart for that. Edgar knew that Luca was naturally gifted with his intelligence. He was jealous of Luca's popularity and how much everyone loved him. He doesn't deserve it, Edgar wanted to take that from him.

Everyone refuses to look at his art, seeing him as a show off and a narcissist. Edgar scoffed and stood up, grabbing his bag. He started walking down the classroom when he heard his name being called. He saw Luca waving over to him and he flipped him off.

"C'MON EDDIE! DON'T BE LIKE THAT! C'MERE!" Luca yelled.

Edgar slowly walked back up the stairs and stood in the circle. Luca grabbed his arm and held his shoulders, shaking him.

"You know, Eddie is really good at art. You guys should look at it. He's much better than me."

Everyone's attitude changed towards him briefly.

"You're right Luca! Edgar's very talented. I love how he paints."

"Weren't you the one who said that my paintings are stupid and that I'm a show off like two minutes ago?"

Luca looked at who Edgar was talking to and frowned.

"You did?" he asked.

"No, no! I would never."

Edgar huffed and pushed Luca's hands off of him and left the room. He bumped into Victor in the hallway.

"Sorry Eddie, are you ok?"

"No, I'm not ok. In fact, I'm in a shitty mood right now."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Edgar stood in silence before nodding. He held Victor's hand and led him to the library, sitting at a table. Victor sat in front of him and waited for him to talk.

"Luca's really popular and it's not fair. His inventions are so stupid. They're not as good as my art, but he's the one getting all the attention for something that's so dumb. He doesn't deserve that popularity."

Victor took a deep breath and put his hands on Edgar's.

"Look, it's not good to have that mindset. You're right, Luca is popular but you taking that away won't get everyone to like you. I'm saying this as a friend but please let Luca have this."

"NO! Luca doesn't deserve this. I'm gonna ruin his reputation."

"EDDIE! DON'T DO THAT!"

"Why not? I want people to see me as more talented than a stupid inventor. He says that one day he hopes to be famous for that. He says that's art but it's NOT! My paintings are true art."

"Luca has other interests that you don't have. He sees everything differently than most of us do. He's an interesting character I will say. But this makes him happy ok? Don't ruin this for him. I haven't seen him this happy in so long."